(II) 6- pain relief

*1 month earlier*

Mitchel's POV

Drink. Pills. Buzz. Comedown.

It was all the same. Every day.

It had become a routine almost; get up, spend the day sad or annoyed, perform on stage and then spend the night high or drunk off whatever substance I had on me that day.

I mostly did this alone or around friends that I would meet up with in whatever city we visited and for the most part I had people I knew in most. Occasionally the boys would join in but Clinton was trying to better himself for his relationship with Cat and so the most he ever touched was a bottle of beer, Jesse and Pat spent most of their time on the bus instead of going out and Christian just didn't approve altogether.

I knew why and it was because he's so close to Jaz. I caught myself peering over his shoulder a lot, seeing the messages he would send her and the nice replies she would send back. Nice to see she gets back to one of us. It annoyed me even more and I reckon that's probably why our friendship has been slightly strained these few weeks. He knew I knew and yet he never said anything about it or even Jaz for that matter, she probably told him not to bring her up.

So here I was sitting in the back of a club with a few guys I would hang out with whenever I came to Miami. They weren't the most fun but they were still company, better than being alone. It was the thing I hated most, being alone. It made me think of her and the past and everything I wanted to say to her that she wouldn't give me the chance to. I needed other people, I needed the distraction.

"Pass us another Mitch" One of them says.

Mitch. He knew I didn't like being called that but he continued to do so anyway. I stopped correcting him after the third time, there was no point in wasting breath.

His name was Eli and probably the most annoying one out the whole group but he always had the drugs so I had to stay on his good side. I pass him another bottle like he asks and goes back to laughing with the others.

I was considering going back to the boys at the bus, I really wasn't feeling this tonight, I didn't feel anything anymore. The music was hurting my head and Eli's cocky attitude was pissing me off more than anything. All I was doing was just sitting here with a scowl on my face and the same girl on my mind.

"What's up with you man?" Chris asks.

Chris was nice and I wasn't sure why he was such good friends with Eli and the rest, he didn't even drink or take any drugs, he just comes to hang out. I wish I could be like that, I know for a fact I'd be in an even worse mood if I didn't at least have alcohol to soothe me through.

"I'm just not in the mood tonight" I reply.

"What's got you down?" He adds.

"Doesn't matter" I dismiss.

"Is it a gir-"

"What was that I heard?" Eli interrupts "Our favourite party boy doesn't want to party?!"

I mentally roll my eyes at his words, he was just trying to annoy me at this point. From my last visit here, I had developed the reputation of being the 'fun guy' and the 'life of the party' which I still could be but I just didn't have the energy. I was constantly running on a low looking to pills to give me the high I badly needed.

"Just not in the mood Eli" I state firmly.

"Well we're going to have to fix that" He smirks evilly.

He reaches into his jacket pocket and pulls out a small bag. My eyes light up at the bright pills that was contained inside it. He sends me a devilish look and I felt like a dog, begging for a treat. He takes two out the bag and motions for me to open my hand and so I extend out my arm and he places them both in my palm.