Chapter 7 - 'My milkshake brings all the boys to the yard!'

I have just had the best week! (hint the sarcasm...) Three days of detention down and currently on the fourth day. As expected it has been complete torture, I always got picked to do the worst jobs like cleaning the toilets! Today isn’t too bad though, Nathan and I got chosen to clean windows. Surprisingly Nathan hasn't annoyed me yet but now the whole school know about me breaking Mr Mitchel's nose! They find it humorous but I feel so guilty. The only good thing about these detentions is that it puts off going home a little longer. I’m not even sure if I would call it home, there is nothing homely about it.

After detentions I have usually been going round to Tashie's or Marcus' house to keep out of Jane's way. I sighed at the thought of having to go home tonight as both of them are busy. I dunked my sponge into the steamy bubbles and finished off washing my window.

“What you doing tonight?” Nathan asked me. I had to think about it for a miniute, I REALLY don't want to go home... “I think I might pop into town to do a bit of shopping, what about you?” I asked.

Nathan stopped cleaning to freshen up his sponge then replied with, “I'm not sure yet, who are you going into town with?”

“Just myself... It wasn't really planned, I just don't want to be stuck in my house tonight,” I told him. Nathan looked at me with uncertainty,

“Why not?” he asked. I paused and turned to him,

“It's because...well lets just say me and my mum have fallen out right now,” I didn't want to tell him everything but he doesn't deserve to be lied to.

“Really? It will pass soon enough.” he said giving me a reassuring smile. Nathan has actually been quite nice to me today, not that he's ever nasty but I don't know... he just seems more relaxed and kind today. “I'm free tonight...would you mind if I came along with you and we could get a milkshake or something?” He asked smirking.

“Yeah, why not,” I replied. It would be much better than going on my own.

“Cool,” said Nathan before dropping his wet sponge into the bucket. As I was bent over at the time the bubbles from the bucket whirled their way to my face! I paused in shock of having a sudden bubble beard. "You cunt!" I said with a laugh.

 I cupped some bubbles in my hand and slowly stood up. Nathan was laughing at me so much that I don't think he noticed me gathering the bubbles. As fast I could I pelted the bubbles towards his face. This took him by surprise, he wiped them off and gathered more bubbles to throw at me. I did the same and It soon turned into a bubble fight. I laughed whilst throwing lumps of soapy bubbles onto Nathan. Not before long we were both covered in bubbles. I burst out laughing at Nathan when I noticed he had a bubble beard. I reached out to shape it before digging out my phone.

“I need to get a picture of this!” I said with laughter. Nathan was also laughing but trying not to move in case he ruined his nifty beard. I got my phone and took a hilarious picture of him. I showed it to Nathan and we both laughed at it.

“Mrs Grey is gonna come round soon so we better clean up before she comes!” Nathan warned me. I just remembered about that so I quickly wiped the bubbles off of me.

My clothes were now soaking wet and mixed with the cold air I was freezing. Mrs Grey is going to know we were messing around if she see's us soaking! “We're drenched!” I said. Nathan looked down at his clothes then took off his school jumper leaving on a dry polo shirt. Okay for some but I only had a wet polo on. Nathan noticed my dilemma and walked over to get his hoodie before passing it to me. “Put this on and she wont know a thing,” He said winking at me. “Thanks,” I said whilst putting it on. The soft material instantly warmed me up. I could still feel my wet polo clinging to my skin but I momentarily ignored it while I cleaned up the rest of our mess.