Chapter 11 - 'Why wont you release me'

I woke up the next morning with a huge smile on my face. I couldn't believe last night actually happened. I had to pinch myself to make sure I wasn't dreaming. I happily hopped out of my bed and prepared myself for the day. As I was doing my hair I received a text from Kris saying good morning, I smiled when I saw it and text him the same thing back. I quickly checked the time to discover it was half ten – I must have only had about six hours sleep! But I didn't feel tired at all.

I sang my way through the house and into the kitchen, “Lets dance, lets shout, shake your body down to the ground!” I have no idea why I was singing Micheal Jackson but I was in such a good mood and that song seemed to fit! When I got into the kitchen I saw Dad, Dawn and Owen eating some breakfast. They all looked towards me when I came In singing.

“Morning Carly!” said Owen.

“Good morning guys! ooh, what are you's having for breakfast?” I asked cheerfully.

“I've made some bacon, eggs and toast. There's enough here for you, but you might need to fry an egg or something,” replied Dawn.

“Yum!” I instantly skipped towards the fridge to get an egg to fry.

“Someones in a good mood today! What's got you all happy?” asked dad grinning at me from the dining table. I grinned back whilst continuing to fry my egg.

“Well...lets just say, Dawn owes you that tenner you bet,” Both of their eyes lit up. Owen had no idea what we were talking about so he continued with his breakfast.

“What! Kris told you?” asked Dawn excitedly. I nodded with a massive smile. Dawn jumped out of her seat and came over to me for a hug.

“Aww, sweetie that's great!” she said. I laughed at her enthusiasm,

“Watch out. Hot food cooking here!” I joked. Dawn pulled away and laughed before leaving to sit back down at the table. I grabbed a plate and put my egg on it along with some bacon and a piece of toast. As I went to sit down next to Dawn, Dad was grinning at me.

“What?” I asked with a small laugh.

“I told you so!” he said. I rolled my eyes at him and laughed,

“Yeah you did!” I replied.

“So is that why I heard you going out at about three in the morning?” he asked with a smirk.

“Sorry, did I wake you?” I asked panicked.

“Yeah but it’s fine, honestly,” he said with a warm smile.

Breakfast continued with lots of talking and laughter. Apparently Dawn has the day off work today and dad doesn't have to go to work until twelve o'clock. Some Sundays they are both working so I usually would look after Owen for the day. I love looking after him but today I was glad Dawn was home so that I can spend time with Kris. Before I do, I need to phone Tashie and Marcus to tell them the news about Kris and I. They will explode when they hear it. Tashie will be annoyed that I didn't phone her as soon as it happened – she couldn't care less if I woke her. I dialed Marcus' number first and the phone began to ring,

“Hey Carly!” he answered.

“Hey, I have something to tell yooou!” I sang. I heard a voice in the background,

“ooh please tell! Tashie is here too, can I put you on speaker?”

“Yeah! I need to tell her too...”

“Hey girl!” I heard Tashie's voice squeak down the phone.

“Hey Tash, I have good news!”