Chapter 12 - 'You blowin up my phone'

Kris' POV.

It's Tuesday and I haven't seen Carly since Sunday, I actually miss her already! That sounds mad but it's true. For the last hour now I have been phoning relatives and family friends to see if they can look after Alexa for an hour or two tomorrow so that I can meet up with Carly. I don't want to leave her with Erin because although she's sixteen, I know she will have stuff to do with friends and probably some homework too. I’ve tried all of my aunties and uncles but one of them is working late, another is going to a diner party and another is on holiday. I tried my mum's best friend, who is practically like an auntie to us, but she is busy too. She didn't say why, but it's no problem. I don't think I am going to be able to see Carly tomorrow...unless I take Alexa with me? But she would want to go somewhere for kids and I wouldn't want to drag Carly around. I will think of something...hopefully.

Just as I was going to put my phone back onto it's charger, it began to ring. I quickly answered it in hope it was someone phoning back to say they are free. “Hello?” I said.

“Hey dude, it's Tyler.”

“Oh hey, what's up man?”

“My brother has his weird mates round again, can I hang out at yours for a bit?” he asked.

“Yeah sure, come round as soon as you want,”

“Cool, I will be round in twenty miniutes or so,”

“Okay, see you then,”

“Bye”

After that brief phone call I decided to give my babysitting hunt a rest for now. I walked through to my rather large living room where Erin was sat watching TV and slumped myself on to the sofa. “What you watching?” I asked her.

“Desperate housewives. Now shush I’m trying to watch!” she scolded. I chuckled at her, nothing can interrupt her from desperate housewives! I picked up a small beige cushion and threw it off her head. She didn't even flinch! Her head was stuck to the TV, “Get. Lost!” she said bluntly without even turning her head. I don't understand why she is so addicted to that program, I really don't like it. I had nothing else to do so I had to endure it until Tyler arrived. The twenty miniutes he took seemed like so much longer due to the fact I was bored to death watching this crap.

When Tyler did eventually arrive we strolled off to the games room straight away. The games room has a cinema type area, some games consuls, gaming machines and even a small bar. Without question this is my favourite in the house, Although I would rather have it painted with some reds and blacks to jazz it up a bit instead of these boring cream walls. This is always the room I hang out in with my mates.

“So what were the freaky crew doing at your place?” I asked referring to his brothers friends.

“I have no Idea. I just walked out of my room and I was bombarded by midgets,” I laughed at the thought of it. Tyler's brother is twelve and is a bit of dork, his friends are even worse though.

“I can imagine. He actually has a lot of mates though,” I said surprised.

“Yeah but they are all so weird, I reckon they're some sort of endangered species so they need to group together to survive!” he joked. We both starting laughing and went over to the plush sofa to sit down. “So mate, hows it going with Carly? I haven't had a chance to ask you yet,” he asked.

“It's going really good so far but It's only been three or four days,” I told him.

“Shit! That reminds me, do you remember Nathan?” he asked with a worried expression. I instantly propped up in my seat, how can us talking about Carly have anything to do with Nathan?