Chapter 6

Disclaimer: I don't own Harry Potter

_________________________________________________

~Harry~

"Harry, give up, mate. She's gone, she'll never be found," said Ron.

"You don't understand," I said, glaring at my best friend, "she was my everything, is my everything, and I will never stop looking for her, never stop trying to get her back." I couldn't tell him that I'd found her, she needed to rest. I had decided to tell them when the pain of the removing the baby had worn off. I could only hope Mrs. Weasley would understand.

"Good luck with that, Mate."

"Whatever, I have to get home to give Gin- I mean my new owl some food," I said. The truth was, I had to give Ginny her pain killing potion, she had to be in immense pain.

"Okay, but remember Robards wants you back here at three for the assignment," Ron said, walking out of my office.

I apparated to my house, which was really my parents old house. I made it livable, but I left some places untouched as a memorial to my mother and father. Walking to the main bedroom, I heard groans of pain, and I opened the door to see Ginny holding her stomach.

"Ginny, love, take your potion. You'll feel better," I said.

"It- it tastes g-gross though," she gasped.

"Would you rather be in pain?"

"Ye-" she started to say, but she groaned again. "No."

"Then take it." Ginny had started relaxing around me, trusting me, and she didn't shrink away when I got near her anymore. But she wasn't comfortable around me.

"Fine," she gave in.

"Ok, get some sleep, I have to go back the office, there's a mission I have to go on," I said.

"A mission? Harry, what is your job?" Ginny asked.

"I'm an Auror, we fight the bad guys, like Lucius. Ginny, I swear to Merlin that we will catch him and punish him," I said, and I meant it.

"Oh," is all she said before she slipped into unconsciousness. I leaned down and made sure she was asleep before kissing her head. Though she wasn't scared of me anymore, she still didn't know what she meant to me, what her significance in my life was. I was going to keep it that way until I was sure she was comfortable around me.

Appearing in front of the Auror Headquarters, I made my way to Robards office, to see if he needed anything. I heated voices, so I pressed my ear up against the door.

"Sir, he hasn't given up," Ron said. Were they talking about me?

"He will eventually, don't worry, Ronald," Hermione's voice said.

"Granger is correct, Weasley. He'll give up eventually. Now, you leave in two minutes, go get Potter," Robards voice said.

I ran to my office, sitting down in the chair just before Ron walked into the office.

"Harry, lets go," he said.

"Where was he spotted?"

"Muggle London, in a shop called, umm, uh, Starbucks. Bring your invisibility cloak," Ron said.

We apparated into the Leaky Cauldron, the pub separating Diagon Alley from
Muggle London. We walked outside and saw the shop directly across the street. Through the window, you could see several Muggles lined up along a counter, fingers moving fast on some odd muggle device. There was one person, though, that seemed to be having problems figuring it out.

There he was, Matthew Jackson, the Death Eater we were searching for. He was disguised, but we knew it was him.

He looked up and saw us staring, immediately jumping up and running out of the shop. We followed him to a dark alley, but he disappeared as we turned.

"Harry, you stay here and wait with Aldridge in case he comes back, I'll take Ratliff and go looking for him," Ron said.

After they left, Mason Aldridge and I kept a lookout for the Death Eater. I tried to stay focused, but my thoughts strayed to Ginny, and I wondered how she was doing. I was so distracted that I didn't hear Aldridge yell for me to move.

"Sectumsempra!" Jackson yelled, and suddenly I felt three slashes of searing hot pain slice through my body. The pain was enough to make me pass out.

I woke up in the hospital hours later.

"Harry, Mate, how're you feeling?" George asked.

"Terrible," I said.

"Oh, well Robards is here to see you."

"Potter," Robards began, "I know you were distracted by your search for the Weasley girl."

"Yes sir, it won't happen again," I said.

"You're right, it won't, because I'm suspending you until you give up this search," he said.

"But sir-" I wanted to tell him that Ginny had been found, but he interrupted me.

"Potter, it's for the best."

~Ron~

"Sectumsempra!" I heard Jackson yell, and I ran back to the alley just to see Harry collapse.

I picked him up and transported him to St. Mungo's, where Hermione helped me put him on a stretcher.

While we were waiting to see if Harry would be alright, Hermione came to talk to me.

"Ron, did you tell Robards about Harry so that you could get head Auror position?"

"What? No Hermione, no I would never do that," I whisper shouted.

"I'm sorry, but George-" she started but I cut her off.

"HERMIONE, HARRY'S MY BEST MATE, I WOULD HATE FOR THAT TO HAPPEN. YOU SHOULD KNOW THIS MORE THAN ANYBODY. DO YOU EVEN KNOW ME?"

"Ron, I do love you. Of course I-"

"NO HERMIONE! IF YOU LOVED ME, YOU WOULD KNOW THAT I WOULD NEVER DO THAT TO MY BEST MATE. YOU'VE BEEN USING ME THIS WHOLE TIME, HAVEN'T YOU? YOU LIKE CORMAC MCLAGGEN. YOU LITTLE HUSSY, I NEVER WANT TO SEE YOU AGAIN. GET THE BLOODY HELL OUT OF MY LIFE," I yelled.

"Ron," she whispered.

"Hermione, stop. Just go." I wasn't even yelling anymore.

She ran off, and I broke down in tears.

______________________________________

I liked this chapter. I'm tired, I'm going to bed. It's literally midnight where I am, So goodnight. Oh and by the way, I used Cormac instead of Draco, because I really hate Dramione, sorry.

Vote?
Comment?
Follow?
Share?

Thanks,

Jordan.