Chapter 18

Disclaimer: I don't own Harry Potter

________________________________________

~Ginny~

When I saw Harry's body, I froze; I couldn't move, I couldn't talk, I couldn't breathe. I just stood and stared. Ron and Hermione showed up, and I could vaguely hear them calling my name, but I didn't show that I heard them. When Ron tried to pull me out of the house was when I started screaming.

"HARRY! HARRY, NO! RON, HE'S ALIVE! HE HAS TO BE!" I yelled, trying to break free of Ron's grasp. Tears were streaming down Hermione's face, and I could feel Ron's tears on my shirt. A tear hit my chest, and I realized I was crying, too. I fell to my knees.

"Harry," I whispered. Ron kneeled down and pulled me into his arms.

"Revealio Revision," Hermione whispered. Suddenly, several visions flashed through my mind. I remembered running around in the burrow as a little girl. I remembered waking up in the Chamber of Secrets, Harry sitting next to me with a wound in his arm. My first kiss with Harry in the Gryffindor Common Room. I saw an image of Harry and I at a Funeral. Dumbledore's funeral.

"Ginny, listen..." Harry was saying, very quietly, as the buzz of conversation grew louder around us and people began to get to their feet. "I can't be involved with you anymore. We've got to stop seeing. we can't be together."

"It's for some stupid, noble reason, isn't it?" I asked.

"It's been like...like something out of someone else's life, these last few weeks with you," said Harry. "But I can't...we can't...I've got things to do alone now."

I did not cry, just simply looked at him.

"Voldemort uses people his enemies are close to. He's already used you as bait once, and that was just because you're my best friend's sister. Think how much danger you'll be in if we keep this up. He'll know, he'll find out. He'll try to get to me through you," Harry continued

"What if I don't care?"I asked, anger clear in my voice.

"I care" said Harry. "How do you think I would feel if this was your funeral? And it was my fault?"

I looked away from him, over the lake. "I never really gave up on you,",I said, "not really. I always hoped... Hermione told me to get on with my life, maybe see some other people, relax a bit around you, because I never used to be able to talk if you were in the room, remember? And she thought you might take a bit more notice if I was a bit more - myself."

"Smart girl, that Hermione," said Harry. "I just wished I'd asked you sooner. We could've had ages... months... years maybe..."

"But you've been too busy saving the wizarding world," said Ginny, half-laughing. "Well I can't say I'm surprised. I knew this would happen in the end. I knew you wouldn't be happy unless you were hunting Voldemort. Maybe that's why I like you so much."

"Ron, it's all my fault. If I had just listened to him when he tried to tell me why he broke up with me, he wouldn't have let Lucius kill him," I said, burying my face into Ron's shirt.

"Ginny, I think it's a bit more than that," whispered Hermione. "Harry was upset that you didn't remember him, and he thought you loved Dean. It was obvious that you didn't, though. Everybody could tell that you loved Harry. Why did you agree to marry Dean?"

"I was trying to get over Harry. I didn't want him to think that he could win my heart by beating somebody up," I said.

"Ginny, that wasn't a very good decision," Ron said.

"I know, because it led to Harry's -"

"No," Ron interrupted, "it wasn't a very good idea to agree to marry someone else. Just because you didn't want Harry to think he should beat people up doesn't mean you have to go through the heartbreak, too."

"That was a very smart thing to say, Ron" Hermione said, beaming at him. I got up and walked over to where Harry lay. I picked his head up, laying it in my lap.

"I love you," I whispered, tears falling off of my face and onto his. "I am so sorry Harry." Ron walked over and placed a hand on my shoulder. I stood up.

"Wingardium Leviosa," said Hermione. Harry's body rose up into the air, and Rom grabbed it, carrying him in a way similar to how Hagrid had carried Harry before he killed Voldemort. We apparated back to the burrow, and Ron set Harry down on the couch. Mum walked into the room, and her eyes widened when she saw the sight in front of her.

"Is Harry alright?" she asked, not noticing the tear stains on all of us.

"M-Mum," I said shakily, "H-Harry is d-dead." A new wave of tears rushed down my face as I said this. I ran up to my room. Harry's owl was sitting on my bed, staring at me expectantly, not knowing that he would never see his owner again. I sat next to it, and examined it. I thought about Harry, and how we first met. It was at Kings Cross Station, before his first year at Hogwarts. He didn't know how to get onto the platform. I had wished him good luck, but I as I did so, my eyes caught a glimpse of a mark on his forehead. I thought it wasn't him, but then Fred and George had told me that Harry Potter was on the train. I knew exactly what to call the owl.

"I'm going to name you Lightning," I whispered to him. I fell asleep next to the owl, dreaming of Harry.

______________________________________

Sorry it was so short, I've been really busy.

I hope I'm not losing readers because of Harry's death. The story gets way better, and it has a happy ending, so keep reading. Don't give up on me just yet.

Vote?

Comment?

Follow?

Share?

Jordan.