Chapter 20

Disclaimer: I don't own Harry Potter

_______________________________________

~Ginny~

After the funeral, the burrow was silent. Nobody said a word. Everybody was grieving.

We had had a quiet dinner, the only noise was of silverware against the glass plates. Mum tried to make conversation.

"Ginny, dear, Dean wanted to know when you wanted to have the wedding," she had said.

"I'm calling off the marriage," I told her.

"Why?"

"I don't love him. I love somebody else."

"Ginny, you're going to have to move on. Harry's dead."

I stood up abruptly. "I'm sorry," I whispered before running out of the room. I ran up the stairs and into the attic, which was Ron's bedroom. I sat on the bed that Harry always slept in, and was happy to find that it still smelt like him, even though I knew he hadn't slept in it for two years. I pulled the covers back and laid in the bed, inhaling his scent.

My eyes caught sight of the wall, which was covered in pictures, both muggle and wizard, of Ron, Hermione and Harry, me occasionally making an appearance.

All of them were happy pictures; nobody was frowning, everybody was laughing or smiling. There was one particular Wizarding photo where I was sitting in Harry's lap, laughing, his lips touching my cheek every once in a while, while Ron was just standing there rolling his eyes every time Harry lips touched my cheek. I remembered when that picture was taken, in fifth year, before Harry had broken up with me. It was taken by Colin Creevey.

A single tear made it's way down my cheek. I quickly wiped it away and continued to look at the pictures, eventually falling asleep.

*~*|*~*|*~*|*~*|*~*|*~*|*~*|*~*|*~*|*~*|*~*

"Ginny," I heard my name being whispered. "Ginny."

My eyes fluttered open, and I took in my surroundings. I was in the common room of Gryffindor Tower, on the couch that Harry and I always sat on.

"Ginny," I heard again. I sat up and my head snapped to the left. There was a slight glow descending stairs from the boys dormitories. I watched the glow grow brighter as it came closer to the common room. My mouth dropped open when a figure stepped into the room.

"Harry?" I asked. He simply smiled. I jumped to my feet and ran to fling myself into his arms, but as my arms shot out to wrap around his neck, my body stumbled through his.

"Ginny," said Harry, his smile vanishing. "You can't. I'm not a solid figure."

"Oh. Bloody hell, Harry, what's going on?"

"Dumbledore taught me to do this. I've wanted to appear to you since I died, which, although was only two days ago, it feels like a long time, but Dumbledore said I needed a good reason. First, though, I wanted to tell you that I met my parents."

"Really?" I asked, leading him to the couch. "How do you feel about them?"

"They're great, I love them. But, I'll be leaving them again, soon."

"What do you mean?"

"That's actually what I came to talk to you about," he said, putting his hand over mine. Unfortunately, I couldn't feel it. "I've spoken to Nicholas Flamel, and he told me something that will make everybody happy."

"Go on," I prodded eagerly.

"He said that he created another stone, a stone that can bring back the dead."

"But wasn't that what the Resurrection Stone was supposed to do? That stone didn't work."

"Ginny, he said that this stone is more powerful than the Resurrection Stone. This stone can bring people back from the dead, fully."

"So?"

"You have to find this stone, Ginny. Normally, I wouldn't mess with the barrier between life and death, but I've seen all of the grief and pain I've caused you and your family. You can bring me back."

"Does this mean I can bring Fred back?And Dumbledore? And your parents?"

"Actually, no, you can't. It will only work once, before you have to hide it again for the next person. I hate to have to do this, but you have to choose between me and Fred. I'd understand if you picked Fred though."

"Oh, well we don't have to decide that now. Can I have people helping me?"

"Yes, you're going to need all of the help you can get."

"Alright, what's the name of this stone?"

"That's the thing, Ginny," Harry whispered so that I almost didn't hear him. "He never named it."

"How am I supposed to find it?" I asked.

"I don't know. But Ginny, be careful. I love you, but I don't want you to join me." He stood up and leaned down to kiss my forehead, but again I couldn't feel it. "Goodbye Ginny," he whispered before turning and walking back up the stairs.

*~*|*~*|*~*|*~*|*~*|*~*|*~*|*~*|*~*|*~*|*~*|

I shot up in bed, realizing I was still in Ron's room. The thoughts in my head were jumbled, but I knew I had to do one thing, and I was determined to get the job done.

I was going to find The Stone.

___________________________________

Sorry it's a short and rubbish chapter. I'm suffering from writers block again, so hopefully the next chapter will be good. I'm sorry if this was a bit confusing.

By the way, any dreams are going to be in italics, and separated from the rest of the text by this: |*~*|*~*|

Vote?

Comment?

Follow?

Share?

Thanks,

Jordan.