Chapter 13: Breaking News

JUNE GRIFFIN

HAHAHAHA!

And I thought we were going to be abducted by aliens, turns out it was just an old lady with a flashlight. She said she heard a loud noise which caused her to woke up and she came to check what happened and here we are now staying at her place. Her name is Grannie Min, she's 50 years old and she leaves alone.

"Thank you so much for having us stay for the night."I told her.

"No worries dearie, it wouldn't be nice to let you two sleep outside in the cold."she said.

Her house was an old wooden designed you could tell it was made for just about 2-3 persons. She said her husband died two years ago while her only daughter is in Japan with her own family. It's sad to know that she was all alone in this quiet place, I couldn't imagine my Mom if she would still be alive and when I got married I would leave them both. That would be so lonely.

"Here are some clothes, this are from my late husband and my daughters, this would quite fit you two."she said as she handed us the clothes.

I went inside the comfort room as I changed into her daughter's old pajamas. It was a bit bigger for me but it was okay. I'm not in the right position to complain. As I went out, Ryder was already wearing her late husband's shorts but he was still wearing his white shirt underneath his jacket.

"You didn't like the shirt?"I asked him.

"No. I figured I could just sleep topless later."he said which earned him a smack on the shoulder from me. "Hey what was that for?"he complained.

"Don't go all half naked on a nice old ladies house. Have some respect."I told him. He was shocked upon my remark. Gosh this guy really.

"Sorry. Okay I won't sleep topless, gosh you're scary when your serious. Remind me not to joke around with you."he said. I just smiled at him. I wasn't upset I was just respecting the owner of the house.

We were in the middle of teasing each other when Grannie Min got out of the kitchen bringing some tea in her hands.

"Oh, the clothes fit you well dear."she told me. "I guess my late husband was the same size as you young man."she said to Ryder. "Have some tea before you go to sleep, I bet you were cold after what happened."she added. We gladly accepted her offer, I'm a bit uneasy with the situation since I don't usually accept nor talk to strangers but with our situation right now. I know she was just helping us.

As we finished the tea, we thanked her as she guided us towards the room we were staying. And to my surprise it was only a one bedder room. Well it could fit two people but still.

"I only have two rooms here, this is the room me and my late husband used to sleep, you two can use it while I stay at my daughters room."she said. Wait what? Does she really want us to sleep on the same bed ? I was about to say something when Ryder beat me to it.

"Do you have like a couch where in I can sleep? It wouldn't be okay for us to sleep in your bed. June can stay at your daughters room and you sleep on your room and I'll sleep on the couch."he said.

"Oh no can do dearie, you are my guests. It would be rude to let you sleep on the couch. Why, is there a problem of you two sleeping together?"she asked confused. Does she think we are a couple or something? "Aren't you two married?"she asked which made me and Ryder flustered with her sudden question. Oh my gosh! Do we really look good together for her to think that we were married. And I'm too young to get married yet. Jeez this is so awkward.

"No. I mean the thing is.."she cut me off.

"Well then, you two will sleep together. Good night."she said as she pushed us inside the room.