Chapter 31: BOTB Interview

JUNE GRIFFIN

I just got off the bus and slowly walk towards the familiar front yard of my dearest friend Christina. Well everyone has work today and are out of the country so I planned on visiting my attorney and stay with her family for the weekend. Grandma Wella also wanted me to visit.

"Oh my gosh!!!! June over here!"an excited Christina said when I saw her patiently waiting at the front door. I waved to show how happy I am as well.

"It's been a while Christina."I told her.

"A while indeed, come in. Mama Wella as been waiting for you, she made some cupcakes."she said which I followed her.

Upon arriving at the living room I saw Grandma Wella combing Natalie her granddaughter's hair.

"Oh dear Sevenelle, it's nice to see you again."she greeted me. I came closer as I leaned to kiss her on the cheek.

"It's nice to see you too Grandma Wella."I told her.

Christina went to the kitchen with Natalie as they prepared the snacks, red velvet cupcakes and orange juice was served on the table.

"Eat up Sevenelle, don't hesitate to gain weight."she teased I giggled upon her joke.

"Haha. Don't worry I'm not that conscious with my figure."I told her.

"That's good to her, so how's the young lad Ryder. Has he been good to you lately?"she asked. I took a sip of my orange juice before answering her.

"He's doing good despite the hectic working schedule his having. And yes he's been good since he's barely home, we don't fight that much."I told her.

"Fight? What kind of fight do you mean?"she asked concerned.

"Oh it's not a big deal Grandma Wella, just some minor things like what I should wear or what food to eat. Something like that."I said with a smile.

"Well that's good to hear."she said.

Grandma Wella kept on talking about what happened last Christmas with her family. She even told me why haven't I visited them, she understands the situation that I seldom have time to actually go out. You know still an introvert by birth, I also told her about what happened with me in Japan. She was all worry when I was telling her all the details and was relieved when I told her about my hero August. Not long with our conversations when Christina and Natalie joined us, then they started talking about work and Natalie about her schooling. It was fun, I missed this kind of vibe. Like I have a family of my own again.

"Sevenelle? Is everything alright?"Grandma Wella asked when she noticed I was spacing out.

"Oh nothing serious. I just kind of like this feeling of talking this kind of conversations, like I'm part of the family."I told her.

"Oh dear child. You are already part of the family."she said. It made me smile.

"Thank you so much. It means a lot, it's been a while since last I felt this."I confessed, the old lady just smiled as if it's the first time a little girl opened up about her love towards someone.

We continue on talking about random things. I found out that Christina and Manager Kim are really dating for sure, gosh I thought it were all rumors but now Christina has confirmed it. And they've been dating for over 6 months now, though they only seldom go on dates since they are both really busy. Christina in her office works and some other cases while Manager Kim and BOTB's career.

"By the way June. By chance do you know someone named Georgina Freed?"Christina randomly asked.

Eh? Georgina Freed? Who's that? It's the first time I've heard that name. I was about to answer no and ask her why she asked me that question when we heard Natalie squealed like there's no tomorrow.