Chapter 19: Promise

-----
This chapter is dedicated to @shiveeen thank you so much for supporting this story. I'm very thankful. You guys are my motivation.

Fighting!
-----
WILLOW JOHNSON

"Come on Wils! Tell me about it? What did Bryce meant when he said he was going back to Germany? Was it for good or just a visit?"Hadley has been bothering me since last time. She asked Bryce about it but he would only smile to her without answering.

"I don't know okay. Ask him yourself."I told her.

"He won't answer me."Hadley argued.

"Ugh. Fine! All I know is that it's their father's idea. I don't know about other details."I said. I can't afford to tell her about the marriage, and how Bryce is protecting Ryder.

"Really? Gosh why all of the sudden? Hope Bryce would be back soon."Hadley commented. I was about to go back with fixing my hair since today is the last day of our so called retreat.

"You should take a bath Hadley, Manager Sy will be here in 3 hours."I told her, even though we still have one last activity to do it got cancelled since an urgent meeting for us ABlue was announced by the Chairman. I guess it was related with our upcoming new album.

"Sheesh you're so bossy. Hey by the way, I kind of got hung up with what you said last time about the late realization you had. I'm just guessing but was it about your feelings for Bryce?"she asked. Woah! This girl can really read between the lines. It took a while before I answered back.

"As I said. It's too late."I told her.

"Eh? How can it be too late? If you like him now, just tell him. He already confessed he liked you right?"Hadley countered.

"Yeah but there are some circumstances that we couldn't prevent."I told her.

"So what? Make a risk."Hadley said seriously which made me glance at her. She was dead serious this time, another side of her that she rarely shows. "I don't know if you would understand but take a risk, we might not know if it would turn out the way you wanted or would end get even worse. At least you tried right? Do something while you still have a chance, failure of trying is not bad than regretting without trying. Take it from me, I've been there and honestly it wasn't easy."she added as she went to the bathroom.

Risk?

Could I really pull it off?

But still, if I tell Bryce I like him would that give him even more suffering? He's being arranged to marriage with a person his Dad chose for him. If I confess now he would just get confused and it may ruin their family's plans. And what would happen to Ryder? He would suffer the same path as his brother. And June? How would June feel if she finds out the arrange marriage thing? She might not say it but it's pretty obvious she likes Ryder already. And I can't afford to see them hurt because of my stupid late realization of feelings. Ugh! I don't know what to do anymore! Why is life so complicated anyway?!

-----

It's been a week already. And Bryce already left the country. He went to Germany a few days ago, no one actually cried on the day of his departure. Well no one ever knew the reason why he went there anyway. And God knows how hard I tried to fight my tears from falling, I finally told him my feelings a few hours before his departure and as expected he almost back out in leaving. Instead of giving our self a final goodbye, he promised me something I never expected from him.