Chapter 34: Truth Hurts

RYDER STRAUSS

What the hell is going on? I immediately went to Bryce after June left, and too my surprise he was standing in front of the company building. What's he doing down here? He even look like he's about to collapse any time soon.

"Hey Bro!"I called for his attention. But he didn't bother looking back, I ran towards him and that's time I noticed he was mumbling something.

"It's over."he mumbled. Over? What's over?

"Hey bro, are you okay? Willow called June and told me to come here. What's the matter with the two of you? And what's with Father messing up with your contract?"I asked him. And that was the only time he actually acknowledged my presence.

"It's over."he said again.

"What's over?!"I snapped.

"Everything I sacrificed for, everything I planned for. Gone! Gone like it never happened."he said. What's he talking about?

"Hey, look let's go to Father first and clear out about your cancellation of contract."I told him.

"No!"he snapped which caught me off guard. "This is all his fault! And I was even too stupid to think that I can change his plans and now my life is fucked up! He messed up my singing career, he made me work for his company and now Willow hates me and doesn't even want to see me anymore. It's over for us."he cried. It's my first time seeing my older brother cried in front of me. Even before our parents had a divorce and Mother left the house he never shed a single tear unlike me whose a crybaby. I tapped his shoulder trying to ease his pain.

"Look, we can still fix this. Let's go and talk to Father and explain our side."I told him.

"It won't work."he bitterly said.

"What do you mean it won't work? We haven't tried it yet."I told him.

"Isn't it obvious? That's why Mother left that man because he doesn't listen to anything she says, it's always him and his plans."he started off which surprised me from the mention of Mother. "Even if we go to him now nothing will change, specially the fact that he wants me to marry a person I don't even love. Well it's going to be better anyway rather than both of us to suffer like this, I personally told Father not to meddle with your relationship as long as I do whatever he wants."he confessed. What? "Surprised? You can punch me all you want, I did it for us I knew how you loved June that's why I decided to suffer instead of you. Besides Willow already left me so there's no reason for me to decline Father."he added.

"No! You're wrong! And what's with this arrange marriage? We're not in a freaking drama for crying out loud!"I snapped.

"Hey Ryder calm down."he tried to talk me out of it. But I'm furious at the moment, how he dare make my brother suffer like this? Wasn't Mother leaving enough for both of us to suffer without her. I am so going to end this.

"I'm going to Father."I told him as I started to walk away. Bryce held unto me stopping me from my tracks.

"No. Nothing will change anyway. That man won't listen."he said. I gave him mg famous Ryder grin.

"Then I'm going to make him listen."

-----
JUNE GRIFFIN

I am currently at the hotel where in Willow is staying. She's been crying ever since I came, I tried to make jokes or open up a happy conversation but she would find away to make the atmosphere even more lonely.

"Please stop crying."I told her as I caressed her back.

"I'm so stupid! Why did I rant like that? I didn't even bother to listen to his side and stay."she said. She told me about what happened with her and Bryce, they broke up. And it also broke my heart hearing that from her, Willow and Bryce looked happy for the past months and seeing her breaking down like this makes me wonder, what did this two do to deserve this? They are nice people they deserve to be happy.