Chapter 49: Partnered

RED VORTEX SEVEN

I woke up at 3am in the morning as the sound of my alarm started to make noise, I stood up from my bed still half asleep then I felt a light snoring sound from next to me. I opened my right eye and saw that Jill was sleeping soundly on the bed, yeah she's my roommate. I can't sleep without her, Aigoo I so envy her for sleeping in today. All of us have work appointments while her none. Gosh! I wish I was the maknae.

As I finished taking a shower, I wore a plain black pants and paired it with a plain white shirt and let my hair down as usual. I did a quick make up on my face and checked the time. It was already 4am, Manager Lee would be here any moment now. I quickly ran towards the fridge and grab an apple and slowly devour it with my hungry mouth. Oh gosh I hate dieting, if only I wasn't on a diet I would have grabbed the left over pizza Jill ordered last night. Ugh! Why did someone invented diet of all things? Huhuhu

After a few minutes Manager Lee arrived as she helped me carry all the things I needed for the shoot today. I was half way to the door as I saw Nica-unnie got out of her room.

"Good morning."I greeted her as I waved goodbye. She was startled at first then went back to her sleepy image every morning. I bet she's also getting ready for her own appointment, she has a lot of commercial shooting offers. While Drea-unnie will be hosting a show somewhere while Ara-unnie has dance practice for the upcoming opening stage for MBC Star Awards.

Hopping on the van, I quickly grab the sleeping mask I bought last month back in Thailand. It's color green which matches my image and has a goldfish printed on the side. Aigoo fish are so cute, but for some reason I don't like being called fish. I am so freaking weird sometimes.

"Unnie, what are we filming today?"I asked Manager Lee who was seating besides me.

"Today you are guesting at a small variety show regarding helping old folks, so you'll be even more tired since you'll do their work for the whole day."she said. Eh? Farm work?

"Jinja? So does that mean I can eat all the food I can see today?"I asked in excitement.

"Well yeah when it's offered during broadcast, but just remember to eat a bit less. You're well aware about your diet right."she reminded. Again with the diet thing.

"Oh by the way, if it's a filming about helping old people does that mean I would meet other idols or stars as well?"I asked.

"Ne, I talked with programs PD and informed me that you'll be joined by APink's Naeun, EXO's Baekhyun, IU and some actor and another added cast."she said. Omo! Baekhyun-sunbaenim?!

Upon arriving at the site, the staff already guide me towards the venue where we will be conducting the introduction for the show before proceeding to the manual labor we will be doing. The moment I entered the household I almost choke on my own saliva upon seeing another guest seated besides Baekhyun-sunbae and the last person I actually thought of being here today.

Ryder-sunbaenim.

They all greeted me upon my arrival then I sat next to him since that was the only space left I could occupy. Oh gosh! I'm so freaking nervous that the butterflies in my stomach are doing a riot. I was all stiff while focusing in front until I heard Naeun-sunbae and the actress talk about their acting career. Okay the atmosphere is slowly eating up my system at the moment, I really can't join with the conversation since I'm a rookie actress and for sure I'll just ruin their conversation. I was so preoccupied for being out of place when I heard him whisper in my ear.

"You know you look like a stiff statue right?"he said which made me glance at him.

"Pardon?"I asked him.