chapter 33

ARJUN'S POV

She cried but not infront of me. I have never gone through so much of pain, although I will be coming back, I just couldn't leave her. This past week  she has grown on me.

"Take care Arjun. " she said adjusting my collar.

"You tend to eat junk when you are stressed , don't do that. I won't be there to stop you." she spoke removing some invisible dust from my sleeves.

How does she know that I eat junk? !

"Meera, look at me. I will be fine. I did my masters and internship in US, not New York but yes I have been out of India once for long time. " I stated tipping her chin up.

"Okay fine. You are better than me. Fine." she huffed looking away.

Our parents just said their byes from home as they can't travel midnight losing their sleep. Only Meera, Sid, Khushi and Akash came along with Sanjana. I don't know why he brought her but I am happy that they will be there for these two. 

"Sid, call me okay? Like whenever you are free. Like all time." Khushi said crying loudly.

Sid hugged her and said soothing words. We both were just looking at them smiling a bit.

"Won't you cry like that for me." I asked her pinching her cheeks.

"Why should I ? It's not first time you left me." she stated with a bit of anger.

It hurt. Yes I was hurt with her words. I left her before too. I have been dumb to realise my feelings for her. Didn't even maintain contact until I returned back recently. She might have realised what she said.

"Arjun. I didn't mean like that. You know just leave it.  I mean no ! I am sorry. It's no one's fault what ever happened before." she said looking away from me.

This is last call for all the passengers bound to new york your flight will be shortly leaving I request you to kindly approach your assigned gate numbers .

I sighed. Meera stood stiff looking at some air hostess. I hugged her tight
"I will call you, take care. Don't over work and do miss me." I said winking at her.

"Come on Arjun, we are getting late." Sid said holding my shoulder.

Meera hugged her brother and they both fought as usual which made us all laugh. Me and Sid walked inside and suddenly he turned around and shouted

"Hey goat ! Take care of my wife! Please don't make her eat grass like you do. Feed her properly in my absence!."

Meera launched forward to hit him but Akash held her back. Sid showed his tongue and shouted again.

"And don't eat all the grass available in our lawn out of anger !." With that said he ran inside pulling me.

I laughed hard. She had that 'i kill will you' look on her face. All the passengers who were present there laughed their ass out.

We checked in and got in our flight .
Happy journey Arjun - Meera .

Take care I will call you  sleep now - Arjun

I messaged her and switched off my phone. I miss her though . Sid was smiling widely looking at his photos with khushi.

I am not the only one who's missing his wife .

We landed in new York. We got picked up by chauffeur and reached our hotel. Checked into our rooms. Yep we decided it will be good to stay in separate rooms for some privacy since we are not bachelor's anymore.

"Arjun! You ate?." She asked yawing a bit.

"Yes I will .You sleep." I said trying to make her sleep.

"I will. I am hungry." she said yawning a bit.

"For???." I asked playfully.

"You know what I just lost my sleep, I didn't mean that way Arjun!." She shouted over phone.

I chuckled and said
"Whatever you say Meera."

" So what's your office timings?" She asked me  seriously.

" I don't know Meera , it will be hectic . Starting today I may need to work extra hours to finish off this as early as possible" I said sighing a bit already missing looking at her expressions.

" Hmm don't over work . It's okay . Even it takes time I will wait . I don't want you to fall sick " she said lowly .

" You know I have never been this homesick before , I think I am just Meera -sick , wifey-sick  I guess " I said trying to make her laugh .

" Really? I am glad you are missing me . I am not at all missing you!" She said laughing loudly.

I know she is playing , so I did the same .

" Really? " I asked her .

" Yes! I will be having whole bed for myself , I can bath as much time as I want to and I can have tv series marathon with your brothers without any interuption!" She spoke excitedly and I clenched my fists . I am not going to leave you when I meet you Meera !

" Oh really? " I asked her .

" Yes arrrjun " she replied.

" Even if I am there you anyway occupy whole bed , guess I won't be missing you much then " I said playfully.

" Why ?!" She barked through phone .

" Guess I will find someone to keep me company in your absence" I said waiting for her reaction.

" You. Won't.  Do . Any . Such. Things" she said slowly .

" And why shouldn't I? What can you do?" I asked her .

" I will chop off your balls and feed you ! I will rip your limbs off and use them to make fire for stray dogs to stay warm ! " Shouted warning me .

I laughed loud . Gosh she can be so violent .

" I am all yours Meera , all yours " I said surrending to her.

" You better be" she said .

" Okay then , I gotta go . Will call or message you whenever I m free . Bye . Miss me " I said .

" Okay bye . Take care . " With that said she disconnected our call .

I sighed . Just hope I can go home as soon as possible! New York here I come . Show me mercy and please send me back !

--------------------

Please vote comment and share my story!

Dedicated thethtarr

Until next time :)