chapter 39

MEERA'S POV

"Yes , prepare that patient for surgery." I ordered nurse and left for rounds.

Its been hectic schedule today , I just left for a week and all cases piled up.

" Mam you need to attend a meeting now , sir has asked me to remind you." one of the staff informed me .

Arrghh! I just want to sleep ! I quickly walked towards conference room and I found Akash romancing with Sanjana.

" Don't you think you should teach her some work instead of romancing all time? She is intern here for godsake! Hold your horses! Prepare her for post graduation exam!." I spatted standing infront of him.

Sanjana bowed her head and moved back from him. But he's unaffected , he pulled her close and spoke something causing her to blush.

" Don't worry sanju , she is PMSing . She shouts like that on people she trusts most. Don't get affected." he said holding her hand and turned towards me.

" You look like shit . Take rest ask other staff to cover for you for few hours. Why the hell do we need to attend this meeting?!." He said keeping his hand on my shoulder.

" I don't know , I haven't spoken with Arjun since two days and even he didn't call. I feel so tired with all this work. I am going to tell him that I don't want to look after emergency ward anymore ." I said walking towards the room.

" Sanju just go check on the patient I told you , study that topic. You are going to answer each and every question this time." he said and sent her away .

" You are preparing her ? When is the exam?." I asked him.

" This week end . She's good. I want her to do in pediatrics only." he answered walking with me.

" So bossy? Why like that?." I asked sitting in empty conference room as usual people don't follow time or they might be busy with cases.

" We can be together." he answered sitting beside me.

I wish even Arjun was a doctor atleast he will be somewhere in this hospital. Speaking of him even Khushi didn't talk with Sid they both didn't even message us. We decided to call them today no matter how tired we are until they lift our call.

" Good morning doctors , I will not be wasting your time now. I will speak directly to the point." our head spoke

Thank goodness can't bear this baldy's bickering for long .

"As you can see we were told that new machinery will be arriving to our hospital which will be benefitting cardio and pediatrics departments. As per the information I received they are willing to back us up even in radiology department! So congratulations all!." He spoke in short.

"That means Arjun and sid are going to come back?." Akash whispered in my ear.

I was happy! He's going to come back soon !!!!!!

"And do you have anything to say or else we will wind up this meeting." he said.

" Sir I would like to request you to drop me out of emergency ward, I have got patients of my own to deal with not able to run around so much." I got up and spoke silent praying him to agree with me.

" Dr . Meera I know it's hectic but I can't immediately act on it . Some doctors are on leave so I have to discuss with them and let you know." with that said he dismissed our meeting.

Fuck man! Now I don't know when I will be free !

"Sweety, don't stress just call me if you are so busy." Akash said side hugging me.

Wish I could just disappear from face of earth at this moment.

It was eight at night , me and Khushi decided to call them it turns out they didn't contact their parents too. After many rings Arjun finally answered his call.

" Hello." he said sleepily.

" Arjun it's me." I replied back .

" Meera? Baby, What happened?." He questioned me.

" We didn't talk since two days." I said waiting for him to reply.

" Meera , I worked like forty eight hours straight didn't even have time to sleep . I am really sorry ! Please don't be angry on me." he said.

"Why did you work like that? You will be sick! I told you it's okay even if it takes a month! I will wait Arjun!." I said scolding him slightly.

" But it's not okay for me and I can't wait anymore." he said .

"Are you coming back? Is your work over ? Hows my brother? Even he didn't reply any of our calls." I asked him .

"He's sleeping beside me , I think he just talked with Khushi and your father . I am so sleepy I thought he's sleep talking and didn't care much. Sid will be leaving tomorrow afternoon , am taking afternoon flight day after tomorrow." He informed me .

" Why are you staying back?." I asked him .

" Coz I have to attend stupid success party organised by company and here my wife your brother is on hyper mode . I can't tolerate his whining anymore as he's not needed m sending him back." he said yawning a bit .

"I am sorry Arjun , I disturbed your sleep." I apologised him.

"Baby , I am glad to be disturbed by you, by way I found your gift in my coat pocket." he said.

I bit my cheek . Now I don't know how he's going to react to my confession. Yes I actually confessed how I feel about him and even wrote some cheesy lines . Out of all the one which I asked him made me blush hard.

Will you let me be your home forever ?

God ! Who writes like that? I mean I could have written something else but me being stupid wrote it in flow. Now that I remember it's so cheesy.

"You there Meera?." Arjun called me.

" Yeah." I answered him.

"I saw it in my coat pocket when I came back from work while removing it. Didn't get time to read. I was so tired that my eyes closed on its own." He said.

I sighed in relief.

"Read it when you are free. It's not that important you know .. sleep now. " I said trying to cover my nervousness.

" Are you nervous ? Of course its important! Not everyday my wife writes me letter or gifts me. I am so very tired Meera , will call you as soon as I get up. Do inform my parents and brothers that I am fine. Good night baby take care. " with that said he disconnected our call.

I just want him to come home. I don't know how he will react to my confession. I have never thought about something so much before presenting it .

----------------------------

Surprise! Double update! Hope you like it!

Please vote comment and share my story!

If you can vote all my chapters I would be the happiest person on earth! I won't force you but if you are interested I am glad !

Until next time :)