chapter 35

MEERA'S POV

We are standing outside this beautifully illuminated five star hotel. Our teeth clattering and body shaking unable to bear this winter winds. Sky seems moody and clouded. Although it's dark the sky appears to be cloudy indicating it may rain anytime soon .

"Do you think it will work?" Khushi asked me rubbing her hands together to keep herself warm.

"Where are these two idiots?" I asked with bit of frustration. I took my phone out and called him through facetime .

"Meer ! They just left their offices! I was told they will be retiring to their rooms now." Akash spoke excitedly.

"Where are you? It's so cold . Be warm" I said not wanting him to suffer because of me.

"I will be coming back don't worry. We are going for dinner date so see ya tomorrow sweety." He said disconnected our call.

"They started from their office." I said to khushi who is super excited to surprise my brother.

Akash dropped us at this place after landing from India . My dad , Nik and Sameer somehow managed or should I say convinced this hotel to lend us spare keys for their rooms. We kept our bags there which mostly consisted of khushi's coz she just emptied her wardrobe. It was Akash 's idea to surprise them as soon as they come here. He doesn't want us to wait till they reach their rooms. Obviously my super excited sister in law nodded at everything and anything he said. And now we are standing outside this heavenly building waiting for them since one hour.

"How much time will it take?." She asked looking at every car which stops near us.

"I seriously don't know Khushi ,this is fifth time you are asking me." I answered her patiently.

"Hmm I wish they come fast." she sighed. She is more restless than me.

"We should have surprised them at their office itself , stupid Nik he's so into cliche that he kept that address hidden from you and me." I said looking at some car.

"That was awesome Meera! You could have told me about it before! I would have convinced Akash then and there." she said excitedly.

"I can't bear this cold, I will go to his room if he doesn't show up within ten minutes, you tell him that I didn't come and you alone travelled here." I told her bringing my coat close to me for some heat.

Just then a car halted in front us and there came out my handsome husband and brother. They were busy looking at their phones and talking among themselves. We walked a bit closer to them and stood so that they will notice us. But they just passed us looking at their phone, Arjun having some dreamy look was walking looking at some art on the building.

We sighed and stood there hanging our heads down. It's waste of time to stand here and wait for them rather we could have just waited at their rooms.

"Now what should I do ? I felt I could surprise him but they just left with out seeing who stood before them." Khushi said dejectedly. I felt bad looking at her she is the reason  I came here.

"Come, we will have our dinner somewhere and then go back to their room to surprise them , by that time I think they will be freshed up." I suggested.

" Yeah .." she said looking bit sad .

" Khushi?."

" Meera?."

Someone shouted and we turned around to find Arjun and my brother standing there with shocked expression.

My brother ran and hugged me and lifted Khushi up who was squealing loudly . I was wrapped in bear hug by Arjun.

"You both came ?." My brother questioned.