chapter 41

MEERA'S POV

I came out of the surgery and sat on the bench which is in the corridor for patients to sit. It's seven in the morning. Took me five hours to stable her condition. I was tired, sleep deprived and I miss Arjun badly.

I took my phone and called his number .

The number you have called is currently unavailable

It says same everytime. I was numb and clueless. It pains so bad. I look around and see there's no one waiting for me. It's like storm has passed and there's serenity all over the place.

Why?
Why my Arjun?

I sat there for hours looking at people praying , kids playing around and relatives visiting their loved ones.

" Meera. " someone called and I shifted my gaze from floor to see that person. Akash came and sat beside me giving me a cup of coffee.

" Drink this." he ordered and I just stared at the cup remembering how Arjun got me a cup of hot chocolate.

He sighed and said " Meera say something. You have been extremely quiet and emotionless these past few hours. Cry , shout or atleast be angry. "

I just looked at him and shifted my gaze back to the crack which is present in the wall opposite to me.

" Meera please talk." he begged and I didn't feel like speaking at all .

" Meera they say flight has been missing after a severe storm hit it. They are saying it might have landed somewhere near the location it found missing. Nik and Sameer are trying to contact officials to know where abouts of Arjun from the time he entered airport. " He said looking at me.

" He can't leave me like that." I spoke finally trying to digest that information.

" He did not. I am sure he's safe somewhere." Akash spoke.

I got up from there and went to my cabin to freshen up. All the while I kept thinking about the time we had and what all he spoke to me.

I couldn't even say I love you to him . I am such a coward .

I closed my cabin door and switched on my music player. I don't know if it's weird that I am not crying nor I am showing any emotion. I don't want to cry and make them believe that he's actually gone from our lives. I don't want to show any emotion indicating I agree to the fact that he's gone. A single tear slipped from my eyes and I tried to stop it. But couldn't. Just then door was banged open by my brother followed by khushi and Akash.

" Meera.! " He said running towards me.

I hugged him and cried out loud. I had this throbbing ache in my heart. I don't want this to be real. I just wanna wake up and say that it's bad dream but it's not !

" Shhh Meera shhh don't cry . No don't. " Sid tried to console me but I didn't hear anything other then that. I cried my heart out holding my brother. He knows how much I love Arjun from the time I met him . He's the one to whom I confessed that I love Arjun and how much he means to me.

" I lost my love Sid , I lost my first love." I shouted crying hard .

" No! You didn't. Be strong Meera. You can't be like this. Meera ! Meera!." I heard him faintly.

My world suddenly got black and I couldn't hear anyone speaking anything about Arjun and his death . It was peaceful. I felt someone lifting me up , probably I am dead too. I didn't want to open my eyes nor do I want to face the world in which Arjun doesn't exist.

" I think she will open her eyes." someone spoke . Am I dead ? Why am I alive ???

" Meera." someone shook me.