Chapter 5*

''Hey! Stop her!'' Luke's wolf yells.

Man, I need to know the name of that wolf!

Not now though, because at the moment they are hunting me.

Wait, I want nothing to do with that wolf, so why do I want to know its name? Do I want nothing to do with that wolf?

My mind is doing backflips to find out what the best animal to shift into is. I know human isn't an option. If the werewolves shift, which I'm sure they will, I'm screwed as a human.

Horse? To easy to track by its hooves.

Even if I don't have a scent as an animal, it'll leaves huge prints!

Bear? Hurts too much.

When I reach the start of the forest and my eyes start to glow green, I hear clothes rip behind me.

I think they have shifted.

Don't their clothes stay on? Poor things!

Samantha! They are chasing you, don't pity them!

When I think I'm out of sight I let my body shift into a raven.

The arguments are easy, since it's no tracks, wings, and barley anything that can get better.

Except my flying technique.

But I manage to keep myself in the air and that's good. Actually this is the best I've ever flown.

As I fly between the trees as fast as I can, I hear loud growls and paws thundering behind me. I don't let them stress me up though because they can't find me. I'm untraceable!

I let out a raven cry, mostly to inform Lucy that I'm escaping the danger. And I think she hears me because she barks back, or at least I think it's her. It's hard to know when the sound bounce between the trees.

I spot a gap in the big ceiling of leaves, and push myself up through it. My small black wings work hard to hold up the fast pace, although the thundering paws behind me have stopped.

The pace I'm trying to keep up is a little too fast for my own good, I'm aware of that. But as I feel the adrenalin slowly loosing its grip around me, I know I have to take a split second decision.

I need to land somewhere.

The problem is that its not that simple. I don't want to be alone when I hit ground, since I don't know if the werewolves fully have stopped trying to track me. It can't be Lucy, since I don't know where she is. I don't really know where any of the animals are.

Maybe I'll have to scratch that one, since it's basically impossible to master.

My wing mussels are staring to burn, my small heart desperately trying to keep everything cool.

I glance down as a wind temporary keep me in the air. I'm not afraid of heights, instead I enjoy the view. But I still need a place to land, kind of urgently.

I'm about two meters above the trees, and there's the river that makes sure that the woods gets the water it needs. The river leads to areas I haven't had the need or time to visit. But, if I follow the river south, I would be able to find the stream that comes from the lake where the wolves often rest.

With that in mind, I set out my course. I know there aren't many moments until I'll be able to land.

But, it takes too many moments.

I spot the lake, get close to it, just to practically crash-land in the bank of it. I feel the wet and rocky sand through the thin feathers of the raven.

With some last strength I manage to shift into wolf-form, because otherwise the werewolves's might get suspicious if the found a random raven at a lake.

Then everything goes black.

---(I'll be nice and not leave you with a cliffhanger ;> )-----

''Sam!''

''Samantha!''

''Sammy!''

I let my wolf-paws slide to the very sensitive ears of mine to block Lucy's voice out.

I carefully open my eyes, just to see Lucy taking up all my field of vision, making me wince slightly at the closeness.

I don't have the time or need to open up a mind link with her, so I just speak out loud.

''Hi...'' I say weakly, looking into Lucy's yellow eyes.

I can sense the relief going through Lucy.

''Hi.'' She answers shortly.

''How long was I out...?'' I ask, not knowing if I want to hear the answer or not.

''I was close and I heard a thud, so I ran here and saw you laying in the sand. So I gave you awhile to sleep a little, so maybe twenty minutes?'' Lucy answers my question with another one.

I chose my next word with care.

''Are the werewolves still looking for me?''

She shakes her head, making me sigh in relief.

''I don't think so. They realised quite quickly that you were gone. I saw them since you had called and I was on my way to help you. But you had already taken care of that.''

I chuckle tiredly and try to sit up. It's by then I realise that some of the pack members are here too. I nod politely at them.

''Where are the rest?'' I ask, as I quickly scan my eyes over the group, counting them.

''They are keeping an eye on the werewolves. I don't want them near. Especially when you were passed out.''

I nod in response.

''So, what do we do now?''

Lucy thinks a little, letting her gaze travel among the wolves near the lake.

''I have no idea.'' She says, honestly.

''But I do know one thing, they aren't done with you.''

---------
A/N:

Well, this kind of is a cliffhanger, isn't it?

This part is kind of a filler, but it's still very important for the future chapters ;)

I decided to dedicate some chapters to people who I think makes my stay at Wattpad more fun and enjoyable, so of course I choose WiBaueh to start it off :D

She's one of the kindest and nicest people I've ever met here, and when I'm having a bad day, I read the very first message she sent me and get all fuzzy inside all over again <3

Until next time,

//siggesitehdog

P.S the smell of books xD (it's an inside joke to one of my IRL friends that I know stalks me here... Yes, I actually have real friends, stunning, I know) D.S