Chapter 37

The school empties in a hurry.

I can't see anyone pass me, but I hear the feet and cheering. Their chit-chatting.

Luke just sits beside me, Lucy laying at my head. Grandpa stands in the leftovers of the glass window, and I can't help but to thank the Goddess Lucy didn't cut her paws when she entered.

The four of us stay in silence, as my pain slowly drifts away. A discrete, dim, green light seemingly glows under some parts of my skin, where the bruises are a little worse than the other places. I let go of Luke's hand as I extend my arm, studying as the light travels through my body.

"Wow, what is that?" Luke asks, concern and even awe in his voice.

"It's her healing." Lucy cuts in before I even get to open my mouth, which earns a glare from me in her direction.

Emight repeats her answer before Luke continues.

"So, you can heal yourself?" Luke says hesitatingly, studying my face for an answer.

I nod, as I slowly try to sit up. I start with retreating my arms under me, before I slowly lift my upper half from the floor.

"Hey, easy there." Luke mumbles, his arms in position ready to catch me if I would fall.

I groan silently as I feel the pain not completely gone, but I ignore it. It's at least resembling something that I've felt before - like the first time I shifted into a bear.

If you multiply it by ten.

When I finally manage to sit up, I instinctively lean into Luke's side. At first I feel slightly embarrassed as I can't find it in me to move. Literally, a wave of pain echoes through my body as I sit up, making it practically impossible.

I grit my teeth and try not to show the pain, when Luke securely put an arm around me.

"You okay there?" Emight asks, concern evident in his voice.

I catch myself trying to shrug, and reply verbally instead;

"I don't know."

My voice is still small, which makes me feel vounurble and powerless. I'm supposed to be the most powerful of them all, and now I can barely even move.

I'm pathetic.

Luke has an arm around me, securely rubbing my back. I sigh, feeling how it makes the pain go away.

"So, what did Mark do to you?"

I can hear how Luke tries to keep his voice emotionless, but a slight frustration still slips through.

I sigh, trying to find a place to start.

I can try to make my way around some of the details. To not tell Luke about Arí.

But that's not what I want.

I don't want to keep secrets from Luke. I don't want to keep secrets from anyone, but especially not Luke.

I've come to trust him.

He didn't tell Alpha Peter about me, even if the Alpha wanted to find the so called shifter. He seems to have putted his friends in a friendly attitude towards 'the shifter', and haven't told anyone about me not being a real werewolf.

So I don't beat behind the push.

"Mark pried me up against the wall. He suspected that I was the shifter Peter is on the hunt for."

When I glance up at Luke, his jaw is tense.

"Then Arí wanted to help, since I couldn't find a way out of the situation. She took over and it got a little out of hand..." I trail of, not having the intentions to continue my explanation.

The next question is one that I've expected.

"Who's Arí?"

"The Moon Goddess. That's her real name." Emight mumbles quietly, not giving me room to answer.

"Emight, why haven't you told me this before?" Luke say, again trying to keep his cool. His jaw is still clenched tightly.

"He couldn't tell you. That's why." I cut in before Emight gets an opportunity to defend himself. "I told you that animals can't speak about it, and Emight counts into that category."

Luke gives me a side glance, before he sighs, his lips twitching into a smile.

"You never fail to surprise me." Luke mumbles, before he scoops me up on his lap, pressing a kiss to the top of to head.

As I rest my head against his chest, listening to his heartbeat, I cleanse my head from everything. I even forget to tell him that the pain practically is gone.

----------------
A/N:

I'm feeling all sentimental and shit.

The next chapter is the beginning of the end. Sure, there's 8 more chapters and an epilogue, but still. (Lik if u cri evri tim)

Anyway, when I've finished the book I'll most likely edit it. I've come to notice that there's some - a lot - of spelling mistakes.

Although I think I'll let it "rest" first, since I kinda feel soooo done with it.

But still.

Until next time!

//siggeisthedog