Chapter 9

I think something in my mind clicks, because my senses become clear again.

Suddenly I'm able to see what's going on.

Lucy's standing between me and Luke, who looks like he's on his way over to me.

''Oh c'mon! Can't you see she needs help?!'' Emight yells, probably to Lucy.

''Yes, but not from you!''

Then, I realise why my senses are clear.

They are fighting, so my guardian mode is on.

Every time an argue is going on between animals in this forest, I get to step into my guardian position and end it. With all what that means. I think it unleashes a little more power then I normally have access too.

So, I can't support Lucy in this one. And it bothers me very deep down my gut, but I need to keep my cool and solve the problem.

With at first a little hesitant steps, I start to walk up to them. Since I walked backwards for quite the bit, it's quite the bit to walk. But they only seem to have eyes for each other.

''She's in my pack, don't you think I'm the one to make sure she's okay?!'' Lucy yells, obviously pissed. Her head is lowered, and I can imagine the nasty snarl on her lips.

If I wouldn't have to solve this as a guardian, I would cheer on her.

I realise that it would be stupid to solve the problem as a wolf, since I'm the one they're arguing about, so I discreetly sneak out of their vision. Not that they were looking in my direction before, but I can't be sure enough. Without a sound, I walk in between the big trees.

Moments later I step out between them with a growl, the brown fur of the bear almost shining in the sunlight that manage to sip through the leaf-celling.

Both Luke's and Lucy's heads snap up at me, and Emight takes some quick steps backwards.

Lucy whimpers, as she realises that it's me and that I'm in my guardian mode. Although Luke stands still where he stands, just observing with wide eyes.

I raise my head high, and let out a huff, before I turn around and leave.

Lucy gallops away, I hear her, but Luke just stands there.

''Where did the damaged wolf go?''

That Emight, you can think of for awhile.

As the argue's over, I drop out of my guardian mode and suddenly the emotions come raining down on me like a waterfall. A really heavy and over-filled waterfall.

I start to run, and while I'm at it I shift into a wolf again. I don't even feel the pain of shifting into a beer, in so caught up in every emotion ever.

Everything's breaking down on me again.

He can find me whenever he wants. He just have to sniff the air a little, and he's there.

The thing is, I'm not angry at him.

It's like I can't get mad at him and it pisses me of. I want to be angry and destroy that Pack House with my bare paws, by it's like something at the back of my head tells me not to. It's like that part of me tells me it's not his fault, and I know it really isn't to, but I can't help to be mad at him. For not being able to be mad at him.

I don't really know if I'm angry, confused or just sad. Right now, I think I need to just realise what I'm feeling. I need to clear my head because right now, it feels like some kind of dark cloud of emotions is surrounding me.

And that's why I run. I just run without no special goal or destination, I run just for the sake of running. I run between the big trees, the sun still high on the blue sky. I run until it feels pointless to run.

When I've decided that it is so, I lay down right on the spot.

Here's where I'm going to collect myself and realise what I'm doing. Or thinking.

I close my eyes tightly, desperately trying to clean up my mind.

He can track me at any point.

Yes, but he won't.

Why? Because if he would do, I'll tell him not to. And I'll make sure he do as I say.

What am I going to do with the mate thing?

Let it be. It could go anywhere, and I'll let it be, on my conditions.

Just after I've decided that, I realise how big that conclusion might have on my life. But I don't let it overwhelm me, and I continue my collection.

As I'm about to decide how I feel, I realise I don't feel anything.

I don't feel sad or angry anymore.

I think those emotions just came with the confusion that I've now sorted out.

I take one deep breath to wash away the last of the confused feelings I just felt moments ago.

I think this is what I'll need to do if the mate bond has anything else to surprise me with, jut stop myself and realise what I'm doing.

And I kind of have a feeling it has a lot d things up its sleeve.

Then suddenly, I feel it.

The wind getting stronger, the branches of the nearby trees moving along with it.

Arí.

But for once I actually hesitate with communicating with her. Even if I realise that I really should, since it kind of is my duty.

I take another deep breath and open up my mind for her to enter.

Quiet. She's just quiet and still, not sending me anything. Just a little hint of shame.

''Arí, I'm not mad at you. I kind of have a plan on what to do. I know you've gotten me a mate, and I'm fine with that now.''

I wave of relief goes through my body, indicating that Arí's relived.

''But I'm doing it like I want to, okay?''

Confusion.

Well, for once I've thought one step further than the Goddess. I'll remember this one.

--------------

A/N:

I have no idea what to write here today.

Oh well. There's a grizzly as media. Isn't that cool?

No? Oh well.

Oh well, there's a lot of 'oh well's today.

Oh well.

Didn't dedicate this to someone because...

...Yeah, oh well.

xD

//siggeisthedog