Chapter 21

My eyes wide.

"You know I-... we feel kind of guilty... And not that staying with her will make things better but you know...." Emight rambles.

At some point I understand him. But at the same time, I don't know if I want him here.

For some reason The Tree let him find it. So, maybe it wants him to be here, even though I don't. And after all The Tree is a mighty power to count with.

"...it would feel better for us if you'd let us stay."

I nod.

I feel kind of defeated. I should obey The Tree. Either I like it of not.

"I..."

Emight cut himself of as he realise I agreed.

"Stay here if you want. But when I'm leaving, so are you." I growl warningly as I lay down in front of Lucy again. Her snoring has stopped.

"Yes, yes of course." he stutters.

Hesiantly, Emight sits down. It's like he expects me to change my mind any moment.

"Yeah, we could stay here." He says. Probably to Luke.

He leaves plenty of space between us, which I'm glad for.

Emight sits there for a little, before he too lays down.

I'm about to close my eyes, when I see Lucy's tale twitch. It's like she's fighting herself from waving it.

This gets me a little suspicious.

By routine, I try to open a mind link with her. Surprisingly enough, it works.

"You're mean." I declare, as I realise she's awake.

Lucy giggles tiredly. She doesn't open her eyes, nor move her body.

"You know I've worried sick about you, and you just keep quiet? Why!? Why didn't you just let me know you were awake?"

Another giggle escapes her, before she stretches. This earns a look from the werewolf, but he doesn't say anything.

"Naaaaah. I thought the mates would want to continue having their cute little argument."

I freeze, and I think my breath get caught up in my throat.

She doesn't know yet. I almost forgot about that.

I don't even know how much she knows, or how much she remembers.

"Yeah... 'bout that..." I trail of, and take one really deep breath.

Then I drop it all.

Everything from her own kidnapping to rescue. Then to my unpleasant talk with Luke, and to him laying about six yards away from us.

Lucy listens dedicatedly, and when I'm done, she respond like she always do.

With a question.

"You did what!?"

I think some of the energy is coming back to her, because at this point Lucy's eyes are wide open as she looks at me with a dropped jaw.

"I, I think I kind of, broke up with him...?" I state, although it comes out as a question.

Lucy shakes her head.

"No, no, no, no, no. No, no, no, no, no, no. One does not just simply 'break-up' with one's mate. You just don't."

I look down, avoiding her yellow, piercing gaze.

"I won't be able to look at him the same way ever again." I say truthfully.

"Who? Not Luke I hope?" Lucy questions, concern evident in her voice.

I shake my head no.

"Luke's father, what's-his-name. The Alpha."

Lucy tilts her head to the side.

"After what he did to you..." I trail of.

Lucy sighs.

"Do you think Luke is going to be able to look at him the same way? To look at his own father, the one who beat up a wolf because if him."

I shake my head. I wouldn't be able to do that in his shoes. Not that I think my father ever would do such a thing.

"No, but he doesn't have to know that he did that to me." I state, looking Lucy in the eyes.

---------

A/N:

Dun, dun, duuuuuuuuuuuuu!

OMFG WHAT JUST HAPPENED WHAT'S SAMANTHA PLANNING AND WHEN IS THE BIGGEST TURN OF THE CENTRY HAPPENIG?!

Jk, it's not that big. Just kind of important for the rest of the story.

NO FREACKING BIGGY!

>:P

11 votes and it's all yours peeps. 11 votes and ya'll find out.

//siggeisthedog.

Pzzzzzt! Svenglish in da comments is appreciated. Tack on da förhand.