Chapter 34

"Yeah, but then what?"

Lucy thinks badly about it, before she sighs defeated.

"You turn into an elk and live happily ever after with a cow?" Lucy tries.

I groan and plop down on my bed, slamming my back against the soft covers.

"I need a legit plan Lucy!" I exclaim tiredly.

We've been in my room trying to come up with a way to concur the Alpha for quite the while now.

And let's just say that it isn't going too well.

"I think your focusing on the wrong thing." Lucy say thoughtfully after a minute or two.

"What do you mean?"

"Well, if you're going to defeat the Alpha, you're the one who'll take his place, since you're challenging him. How are you going to solve that, since I don't think you want to be Alpha?"

"I'm not going to take him out, I'm just going to pin-point Luke so he does it."

I'm not allowed to take an animals spot as Alpha either, I add in my thoughts, even if I don't utter the words.

Lucy shakes her furry head.

"No one inside the pack are allowed to take down the Alpha unless it's a one to one challenge. You can't start a conspiracy against him through Luke, that's betrayal against the pack."

I face-palm. Never thought of it that way.

"I don't think you should take down the Alpha. As you told me, he can't have kids of his own. This means that if he leaves the spot as Alpha, Luke gets it. You can't do anything to hurry that up, unless you assassin him."

"Which is betrayal against the pack." I mumble a little under my breath, realising where Lucy's going with this. Why's she so smart? I'm the Guardian, I'm supposed to be the smart one!

"Exactly. You shouldn't pin-point Luke. If anyone, you should pin-point the Alpha."

She's right.

"But how?!" I exclaim, trying to find a solution myself.

"You could..." Lucy trails of. "Never mind. I have no idea."

"But there's another problem." I sigh, sitting up on the bed. It kind of feels as if the problems stand in line, politely waiting to make an appearance.

"And that's...?"

"What if I become the Luna?" I ask her, just to get her train of thought started somewhere.

"When you become the Luna, you'll have to be both Guardian and werewolf queen." Lucy say honestly, seemingly happy to change topic.

"Don't you get it? That's the thing! I can't be both!" I exclaim throwing my arms out to prove my point.

"I can handle being Alpha and being your best friend." Lucy points out, like the smart-ass she wants to be.

"Yeah, but you know how it is! It comes in waves. One month it's cool and nothing happens and the next one it's chaos. I can't handle a pack of sixty something people and take care of one-thousand animals at the same time!"

"But you have me, and you have Luke and-"

"Yes, but does that help really? Not if the whole ecosystem decides to fail!"

Lucy sighs, giving me a look.

"Have that ever happened before?" Lucy points out, kind of proving her smartness.

"No... but it has been close a couple if times, and if I wouldn't have been there..." I trail of, Lucy knowing what I'm hinting at.

"Take for example the deers. If I hadn't helped them through, they would've stayed here and eaten all the grass, which would make the elks, mouses and hares starve and you know where it ends." I declare to Lucy, not knowing if I should be proud I found an example or frustrated because they are so many.

"Plus, I'm not allowed to be Luna."

"What? Why?" Lucy asks, as she looks at me funnily.

"Because I'm not allowed to lead a pack. That's one of the first things I learned." I mumble the last bit under my breath.

Lucy stands up from her spot on my fluffy carpet.

"It's something else that bugs you too, isn't it?" Lucy questions, studying my face with eyes slightly squinted.

I sigh defeated, throwing out my arms. Lucy reads me like an open book, which comes with both pros and cons.

"It's... about the Alpha." Unsurprisingly.

"What about him? You've already said that he's s power-craving bastard?"

The corners of my mouth twitch as I roll my eyes at Lucy's statement, sighing again.

"Yeah, I know. It's just the way he treats his wolf." I say, thoughtfully staring up in the celling. It's white for your information.

In the corner of my eye I see Lucy tilt her head to the side.

"The other wolves talk with their human. The Alpha just seems to use his as an communication device." I state, tearing my gaze from the ceiling to Lucy, who looks like she's thinking about my statement.

"Well, that just adds animal-abuser to the long list of insults that fit his persona."

Laughing slightly as I roll my eyes, I can't help but to be grateful to my best friend.

"Honey? I'm home!" my mother's voice rings through the house, and I exchange a look with Lucy.

As we head down the stairs, Lucy sneaking behind me not making a sound, I hold up my mother in the kitchen as Lucy head for the back door.

"I'm sure you'll figure something out." Lucy says, just as the door blows shut behind her.

------------
A/N:

It took forever to mark all those lines. But I managed.

Having THE writers block of the century, so be happy I have some chapters up ahead. *cough* slightly more than some.

And the next one will be f-zing intense, man. Like, action-plot-sassy-Sam-badass-Arí intense.

Look forward to that! ;)

I'm currently having a competition for my Swedish readers, about "Omegan". You swedes out there should check it out. (Closes 1st of April 2015)

'til next time!

//siggeisthedog