Chapter 41

"Come again?" The Alpha asks, mockingly, and I see how he breaks free from his wolf's hold. He caught himself rather quickly from my accuse.

The wind Arí blew over the field has died down, but I can feel her lurking around us. Her presence calms me, even though she hurt me a couple of days ago.

"You ordered Luna Elaine to be killed by Beta Louis, just hours after Luke was born."

Alpha Peter gulps, showing momentary fear, before he collect himself. His eyes quickly scan around the crowd, who looks slightly discomforted. It's like they haven't decided if they should react or not. Some glance around, seeing if anyone else reacts. But a deafening silence is in the air, and no one looks like they would break it anytime soon.

"L- Look at her," Peter finally drools, his voice not as believable anymore. It trembles, showing his nervousness. "L- Lying up in our faces like that. She j- just don't want to be banned from our territory."

The pack members shift uncomfortably, looking at each other. Some seem to have realised what I actually accused Peter for, and that he doesn't seem too comfortable right now. He waits for the crowds attention and affection, but they have turned hesitant to give it to him.

"How are you going to ban her from us, when she never been a part of our pack?" Luke questions - almost spats - through gritted teeth, blood sipping down from the corner of his mouth.

And there, another stab to my heart.

"Yeah, exactly!" a male voice yells from behind me, and when I turn around Mark stands there, sending me a small smile when our eyes temporary meet.

The Alpha start to get unsure. He glances around the crowd, who by now seems more confused than ever. Some keep their expressions blank, but others talk to each other as if they weren't as sure about their almighty Alpha anymore.

"I-"

Before Peter can say something else, he suddenly shifts. Clothes rip and suddenly his wolf stands there instead of him. Its tale is slightly between its legs, and he steals uncomfortable glances around the crowd. It isn't the usual iron composure he had all the other times I've seen him.

I start to think that was Peter.

"I, Reon, as wolf of the Alpha, can confirm that he indeed ordered the murdered of Elaine, and tried to trick Luke into being the child of his and our wife."

I hear a woman start crying, her sobs unnaturally loud in the quiet group.

"We take full responsibility. Even if Beta Louis was the one who injected the needle, and Luna Vera couldn't have pups with us, we're the mind behind everything. After all, Luna Vera isn't our real mate. Peter killed our real one after she showed interest in another man."

By now the hole pack gasps, backing away in the process. Mothers bring their pups into their arms, and the older ones get ushered behind some relative. A few of the men glare daggers at the wolf, but the majority of the males still look uncertain.

As sudden as last time, the Alpha shifts into human again.

"I don't know what that was but-" he stammers, ineffectively trying to gain his powerful composure again. Peter's knees fold themselves as he with pleading eyes looks around the crowd. He looks broken, as if his world has been pulled away from him.

"You, you traitor!" a woman from the circle cries, tears clearly rolling down her cheeks. She has a little toddler on her arm. "If anyone, you're the one who should be banned, if not killed! Not the girl!"

I wince as the woman yells this, her words sounding so surreal. Other women starts throwing similar words into something that turns into a giant argument.

In faster than a blink, the majority of the pack has turned on their Alpha. It's scary how respect and trust is this easily turned into hatred and anger.

A choir of voices erupts, their thoughts on possible punishments getting yelled out in the air, arguing about what the best one would be. Maybe they should've multiple, since his crime is this big. It's cringeworthy how cruel they suddenly become. But that's what fear does to people.

And I get that they're mad and all, but those threats aren't even human. Their straight up too cruel. When they start talking about skinning him alive, I strongly consider stepping in and ending it.

Sure, the Alpha was cruel too; taking away a living mother from her son is indeed cruel, and he sure deserves something, but not this.

"But wait! What if she's manipulating Alpha Peter's wolf?" A doubting voice belonging to an older man yells.

The hole crowd goes silent.

"What if Alpha Peter is innocent, and she just manipulating his wolf into confessing everything?" the voice continue. By now the crowd is back to its confused state, actually considering the man's words.

I keep my calm composure, not showing the stress that slowly begins to creep up in me. If they saw it, they would turn it against me. I'm sure of it.

"If you doubt me, then throw me out of here. Do whatever you wants. After all, I'm not a part of this pack."

And I don't know if I'll ever be, I add in my head, not wanting to voice the many flaws that came with this plan.

Before I can blink Peter is in wolf-form again, and the insecure wolf that called itself Reon is back.

"I'm the one who did this! I'm going to take full responsibility!"

His deep voice trembles, almost cracks.

"See? Now when her plan on making our pack turn on each other starts failing, she starts manipulating Reon again!" Another voice, it too manly, yells.

I find it unsurprising that it's very few women and people my age who support Peter. After all, he created a corrupt pack. One where it is a difference between werewolf and werewolf.

"If you doubt me, take that decision. Ban me from your territory if you want. Call me traitor. But just remember that I can't be banned. All the worlds forests, trees and animals are my territory and pack. If you don't want me here because you believe in this man and want to call him Alpha even when his wolf says he's technically a criminal, then so be it. But don't expect me around to witness your doom. And especially, don't expect any support form the Moon Goddess. "

-------------

A/N:

OOOOOH WHATS GOING TO HAPPEN!? What it the pack actually turns on her?! What if it's too late...

To bad I won't give you those answers before I get to know what a few of you think will happen.

And, as much as I love WiBaueh , Zeptaurus and MewMewGirl732 , they tend to take over the comment section. So, let some new kids speak okay honies?

//siggeisthedog