Chapter 40

"I demand you to open this door!" A loud voice booms as hard fists punch the wood of the door to Lauren's room.

Lauren calmly opens the door, me standing behind her.

It's the Beta standing there. His composure is aggravated, to say the least. Lauren told me that the Alpha didn't tell the Pack that I was the wild and evil shifter, so that the shock and anger would get the Pack to take his side when he co confronted me, even if I tried anything.

"You're coming with me!" the Beta growls, before grabbing my arm briskly, forcefully tugging me along.

I let myself be dragged down the corridor, the plan I Lauren suggested fresh on my mind.

I don't want to do it. I really don't.

But extreme situations needs extreme solutions.

The Beta drags me outside, every pack-member standing in a wide circle in the field. In the middle stands the Alpha with Luke, who's on his knees. The Aloha looks like he's enjoying himself, although he looks really angry.

"Stop lying boy!" Peter yells and punches Luke square in the jaw.

My guts turn as I feel the punch as a stab to my heart. Luke doesn't even defend himself, knowing that it will make him look like the bad guy.

The Beta drags me into the middle of the circle, making the werewolves gasp, hide their children and whisper quietly with the one who stands beside them.

But I ignore all of them. In a couple of minutes they won't be scared of me anymore. I hope.

My eyes are on the Alpha. Who I haven't seen since the dinner he invited me to.

The big fat liar Alpha Peter, who doesn't even deserve to be called Alpha anymore. He never deserved it. And most likely never will.

"Ah, I see that the guest of honour has arrived." Alpha Peter says, venom dripping from his words. His eyes roam over me, his dull grey eyes full of pure hatred.

"I don't know which one of us who's the most out of place, you or me." I snap, quickly throwing a side glance at Luke. His eyes are on me, fear and concern evident in them.

"It's okay. I know what I'm doing." I assure Emight, even if I kind of don't. It's nothing I've done before, and probably nothing I'll do again.

The Alpha grits his teeth, before he take away the space between us, his fist raised.

He's about to punch me in the jaw, just as he did to Luke before, when the fist stops, inches from my face. I don't flinch a bit. Not even blink. His fist shakes in the air, as he tries to overcome the force that has taken over.

"Don't." His wolf booms, his voice as dark as I remember it.

Peter tries again, just to be stopped with a even longer distance between my jaw and his fist.

"I won't let you hurt her."

Peter looks confused, and I take this moment to speak up.

"What you see here, is a fine example on why Peter is scared of me, and try to make me the bad guy." I say, my eyes never leaving Peter's, challenging him to do something.

Peter opens his mouth as to speak, but his grey eyes are suddenly replaced with a pair of yellow one's. The wolf is in control, letting me speak.

"And you shouldn't. The reason that you can't hurt me, isn't that I'm special, nor that I can control minds or anything alike." I continue, standing up. The Beta doesn't even try to bring me down again, he just backs away slowly. Unfortunately I think he does it out of fear, and not respect.

"It's because your own wolf tells you not to."

A small gasp erupts through the crowd. The fact that they even seem more scared of my concerns me, but I try not to show it.

"I can talk with them, even if they belong to you. I can talk with other animals as well. The trees even."

"I'm their protector. Their, guardian." I say, and a strong wind blows through the trees.

I close my eyes, letting Arí's wind blow. She isn't trying to take over, or even speak to me.

"I protect everything in the forest. I don't rub balance, I create it. You can ban me, call me some kind of traitor, but then, who's the real traitor?"

"The one who protects you, even if I don't want to or the one the ones who call their protector a scum?"

"The one who found her mate, or the one who killed his brother's."

As the last sentence roll of my tongue I turn to Peter, watching as his mouth slightly opens, and eyes wide.

------------
HIIIIIIIII!

Pretty please comment, I would love you forever if you do.

Oh, right. I already do love you. But I would love you more. If that would be possible.

It's not.

18 votes and the conclusion is yours!

Mohahahahahahabagahagahahaha. 💁

//siggeisthedog