Chapter 45

The light disappears as sudden and fast as it came, leaving me in some kind of chock.

I didn't expect that at all. Being asked by a Goddess what I want my faith to be? What is a proper answer?

Even though my many, slightly confusing thoughts, I'm actually satisfied with what I chose. I think it's the best of them all.

I'm so caught up my my thoughts, that I barely feel Emight stir in my lap.

"What happened?"

His question beings me back to earth, and before he can say anything else, or breathe for that matter, I've wrapped my arms tightly around his neck.

"Don't you dare stand up for me like that again. Not if you're going to get slammed unconscious in the process." I scold him, burying my face in Emigh's thick fur.

"I wasn't planning on getting slammed into a tree." Emight states, before he adds, almost mocking me. "But if this is the attention I get, I might try it again."

I let go of him, cracking an eyebrow at him.

"Would you rather get the silent treatment as punishment?"

Emigh's amused face drops, quickly replaces with one of pure horror.

"No, I didn't mean it like that I just-" he starts to ramble.

"Then don't complain and just embrace it." I declare, my fingers carefully scratching the fur between his eyes.

Emight closes his eyes, whining slightly as he leans in against my hand.

A giggle escapes my lips as I find myself smiling wickedly.

As if Emight senses this, he lifts his fury head of my lap, tilting his head to the side slightly. His sudden new interest makes me smile even wider.

"What are you thinking about?" Emight asks, his eyes narrowing slightly.

I feel myself taking my tongue between my teeth, shaking my head you as I do.

"Nothing." I sigh, trying to shake the thought out if my head.

"No, it clearly wasn't nothing. Come on! What crossed your mind?" Emight continues, as I raise to my feet.

"I think it's best if we move back to the Pack House, I don't know if they've solved everything yet." I spit out, maybe a little too rushed. I turn around, ready to leave at by moment.

"You're ignoring my question."

I stop dead in my tracks, startled to hear Luke voice, and not Emight's.

"Wh-... What are you doing Luke?" I almost stutter, feeling how my voice almost disappears at the end.

Just the thought of Luke standing behind me - butt-naked - casually talking to me, both scares the sh*t out of me and feels thrilling, I'm a weird way.

I hear Luke chuckle behind me, his laugh making me really uncomfortable.

"You're avoiding our question again Samantha." Luke taunts, and I hear him walk a few steps towards me.

"Luke, you're nude, don't come close." I warn him, feeling as if panic has taken over me. The fact that Luke takes this so playfull about it isn't really helping.

Before it's too late, Luke sprints away the yards separating us, grabbing me from behind.

Before I able to forcefully push away from Luke, I hear the sound of short's fabric between us.