Chapter 26

The next day in school, just when I've come inside the big double doors, someone pulls at my arm and tug me along. One glance on the guy firmly holding my arm is all I need to confirm my suspicion. The blonde haired werewolf that kidnapped me before is back.

"Y'know, I can walk by myself?" I offer, trying to not be completely dragged along the way to an unknown destination.

"You couldn't last time." The wolf belonging to the werewolf mumble, probably to himself.

I smirk.

"Well, you never asked last time Blondie, and you didn't this time either."

The guy releases me quickly, almost throwing me away from him, making me stumble to catch my balance again.

"Why did you respond to my wolf?!" He growls, something flickering before his eyes.

I shrug nonchalantly.

"Felt like it."

The werewolf looks really aggravated, and I notice how he slowly shift his weight to his right leg, preparing himself for launching at me.

A low protective growl stops him before he gets the chance.

"Mark, knock it of."

I immediatly know that it's Luke, since a few butterflies erupt in my stomach. I don't let that show though.

"Dude, your mate is..." the blonde haired guy starts, his anger shifting into something more likely resembling fear.

"...fabulous?" I offer, a smile tugging at the corner of my lips. Although, on the inside, I feel a little worried. Even if I set that one up for myself, this Mark dude probably suspects something. Which can't be good.

The guy rolls his eyes and sigh frustrated. Even though I momentary see the corner of his mouth twitch.

"Never mind."

I turn around just to face Luke, playfully rolling my eyes.

"Protective, are we?" I question Luke, the smile still on my lips.

"A little." he addmits quietly. "But I know that you without problem would take him on."

Yesterday when we took our walk, I explained as much as I could. The fact that I could shift, talk with animals and that I probably am more powerful than the Alpha himself. I even shared some of my fears with him, like the fear of his father. It was nice to get it off my chest, and surpricingly enough, I haven't had that much anxietly about he knowing more than my own parents.

But if I would get that, I would have to live with it.

I also addressed the fact that I should be know as a werewolf.

I snap out of my thoughts and give him a knowing smile.

"So, why ask Mark here to go fetch your little mate for you?"

A guilty smile appears on his face.

"Um, well. First I wanted to ask you something, and then I wanted Mark to go get you so you could mess with him along the way."

I roll my eyes and slap his upper arm playfully. "Really funny."

"I know."

"So." I say, not wanting to slip to much of topic. "What did you want to ask me about?"

Luke scratches his neck, shifting his weight form one foot to the other.

I cross my arms over my chest, playfully glaring at him.

"Well, I wondered... You don't have to but-"

"C'mon Luke, man up!" another werewolf yell. I didn't notice that there were more around. But apparantly there is. A discreate look around and I count to about five, actually. All standing within hearing range of us, without feeling to close.

I hear Emight sigh at his awkward human.

"We want you to join us at Pack dinner tonight." he says.

Now it's Luke's turn to sigh, as he point at his head. "What he said."

I tap my chin thoughtfully. I don't have to use my sensetive ears to hear Luke's heartbeet. It's fast and loud.

"Let me think..." I trail off. I think Luke begins to catch on to that I'm actually just messing with his nervousness.

I open my mouth slowly, as to say something, just to shut it again.

"Now you're just being mean!" Emight whines loudly.

A smile makes it's way to my face as a giggle escapes my lips. Whoops. I got caught.

Suddenly, something mischievous takes over Luke's features, and I'm about to crack an eyebrow at him, when he suddenly throws me over his shoulder.

"Since My Lady can't seem to decide," Luke says meaningly as he begins to walk away, me giggling hysterically form his shoulder, not fighting him though. "I'll have to kidnapp you again."

"Oh no! Everything but the kidnapping!" I exclaim sarcasticly, noticing how it's now grass below our feet. Well, his feet.

"What do you answer then?" Luke says, as he in one swift motion puts me down on the grass outside of school. I immediately notice how close we suddenly stand, our foreheads almost touching.

"Hmm...."

I do this just to tease Luke, who give me a playful stinky eye. An idea shapes up in my head.

"Yes." I say quietly as I peck his cheek. Luke's eyes wide for a moment, before a herd of wolf whistels interrupts us. They don't interupt the moths in my belly though.

"Well, I kind of hoped to get rid of them by walking outside..." Luke mumles, just quiet enough for me to hear.

I just smile brightly at him, before I peck him on his other cheek and skip of the grass and into the school again. Not before heading through the group of werewolves though, who offers me a lot of high fives. But one that stands on the back of the group doesn't seem to pleased with the hole thing.

And that's Mark.

--------------
A/N:

I warned you some chapters ago about my cheesiness.

Yeah. A hella fine example.

The reads in this book are hilarious. Like, one chapter in the middle of the book (17 I think?) has like 20 more than the one before, and after. Everyone's like checking it out and stuff.

It's weird.

But this book, am I right?

So, about a 100 reads and there's an update. Along with 15 votes.

*cue demonic laughter*

//siggeisthedog