Chapter 39

"Wait, you think that Luke and I aren't real mates?" I ask quickly, almost laughing at her.

"You are?!" Lauren exclaims, probably making the hole house wondering what we're doing.

"Yes." I say, smiling in triumph as I do.

I find it slightly amusing that Lauren at first didn't think that we actually were mates. Did she think I was playing him or something?

"Does-... does Arí know?" Lauren asks, and it's her turn to be showing her scepticism.

I nod multiple times.

"She was the one who told me."

Lauren furrows her eyebrows, as she sit down in her big leather chair. It squeaks under her, but she doesn't seem to notice. It's like she's in some kind of shock.

"Interesting." he mumbles, he voice distant along with her gaze.

I shift my weight form leg to leg, as I debate either or not I should ask the next question on my mind.

It would help, but maybe she'll refuse and lock down completely, not saying anything at all. It's not that it's personal in anyway, she might just don't want to answer.

"So, are you the one who told the Alpha about 'shifters'?" I ask hesitantly, afraid that I accused her for something that will hurt her, and make her silent.

Lauren sighs - and nod slowly. She lowers her head, making me wonder what she have done, hence the Alpha have a screwed up picture of it all.

"You know he gave the Pack some sick picture of rubbed balance, right?" I question, my voice kind of irritated.

Lauren nods again.

"I thought you had sinned." She says, her voice dreamingly as her gaze etches itself to the window. It's like she doesn't see it, watching something in the far, far, distance.

"What?"

"You played with the orphan's feelings."

I groan defeated, throwing out with my arms and rolling with my eyes at the same time.

"I, I told Peter that he could speak with the wolves using his own. That Luke's soulmate probably wasn't a werewolf with a pack, since the local wolves carried her scent. I even told him that he should kidnap the Alpha, just to put a little pressure on the loner."

"You knew that the I was both the shifter and the mate." I state, sighing defeated once again.

The old lady nods, her shame clear.

"At first I didn't believe that my own granddaughter could do such things, so I tried to prove to myself that they weren't the same person, even if I highly doubted it."

Lauren looks as if she'll begin to cry any moment now.

"And now you tell me that you've been real mates all along..." she trails of, her eyes falling to the floor.

I give her a look. I don't know what to think, not what to do.

"I, I really care for Luke you know. I said the truth when I told him about his parents. I saw it with my own eyes how Peter's companion and nowadays Beta injected the silver in her veins, like the two of them had agreed."

At this point a stray tear rolled down her cheek.

"I couldn't do other then show up on his doorstep and tell him myself."

I sigh deeply, shaking my head. She had told the Alpha everything. Practically everything that had importance when it came to keeping my powers hidden form the pack.

"You did it for Luke's sake." I mumble under my breath, sighing again in the process.

"I was naïve, I know that now. I-"

"The damage is already done. I bet you were the one suggesting that the Alpha should invite me over again?"

When Luke at school today asked if I wanted a look around the Pack House, a formal one, he started his sentence with the words "Alpha Peter though it would be a good idea..."

The old lady nod again.

If it weren't for the fact that I had her blood in my veins, and she did all this for Luke's sake, I would've thrown that sleeping herb out the window and ripped her throat out at the spot.

"What is he planning on doing?"

Lauren looked down.

"Ban you from our territory. Accuse you for not being Luke's mate. Suggest you get killed as a punishment."

I nod shortly. That's a little harsh. But if you are afraid that someone will threaten your spot as Alpha, I guess that's what you do.

"And that's why Luke's gone, since he though it would be a good idea to tell him first?"

Lauren nods, her stray tears not being so stray anymore. They look more like silent rivers by now.

"In what time will he confront me?" I ask, dragging a hand through my hair.

"Fifteen minutes." Lauren mumbles.

"Then what do you suggest I do?"

She's my best chance out now. My best bet to clear this mess up.

-------------
A/N:

*gasps* *screams of horror* *someone faints*

Hey, I hope this gave you guys some insight on Lauren. She thought that she did the right thing, and I think you can guess how she feels by now.

Anyway, next chapter shit will go down, as you might realise.

And holy shit you guys manage the vote locks quickly!

But if I put a lock on 18 votes... will you manage?

That's the question.

//siggeisthedog