Chapter 29

We walk for quite the bit, all under utter silence.

Sure, I greet Mahogany, one of the wise owls as we meet him, but between Luke and I? Not a word.

After awhile Luke settles with a glade, the one where I met him to "explain" myself after the kidnapping to be exact.

He sits down beside one of the logs, using it to rest his back against. I have a quick inner debate with myself where and how close I should sit next to him. This stirs him up, as he sends me a unsure glance.

"If you want to sit on the log instead we could do that." Luke says, almost getting up in the process.

I shake my head disapprovingly and sit down close beside him, as I've come to realise that my close presence calms him down the tiniest bit.

Okay, maybe not the tiniest. He's the one who threw a fudging extra practise just because of me.

I place one of my hands in his lap beside his own, intervening them. He starts to gently play with them as he seems to think of a good way to start.

Since my ridiculously awkward mate doesn't seem to be able to form a sentence, I help him a little along the way.

"Start from the beginning."

Luke gives me a uncertain side glance, as to ask if I'm really sure I want to hear it all.

"The very beginning."

Luke sighs.

"I'm not sure that I know what that is." he mumbles, not taking his eyes of my hand in his.

I tilt my head to the side, giving him a cue to continue.

"It's just..." Luke fumbles with his words. "...too close. Something that I don't think I want you to know, since it might change the way you look at me. How you look at the pack."

His eyes meet mine for a brief second before they flicker down to out hands again.

"At least it's not a partly a betrayal." I mutter under my breath, accidentally speaking my thoughts out loud.

Luke quickly try to change topic, hence he immediately hook up on my comment.

"What betrayal?"

I sigh, shaking my head slightly.

Should I tell him? I could blur the details a little and so on, but he isn't telling me something that I kind of want to know about.

But then again. He didn't practically force me to tell him anything, he patiently waited for me to open up. Almost, at least. I should do the same to him and not walk down that line, but I should tell him.

"It's..." I trail of, not completely ready to say it out loud, even if I have my mind set. "... kind of a stupid, really. " I sigh. "You know how I told you a little about 'what I am'? Well I can't tell my parents that."

It's now Luke's turn to cock his head to the side.

"Well, I can't tell them anything, not even shift in front of them. That was the reason I hesitated so much with telling you in the first place. And now I kind of feel guilty for telling you, but not being able to tell my own parents." I explain slowly, as I think of the best way to put it.

The best way would be to tell him that I don't regret it and am happy that I told him, but I'm tired of lies. The fact keeps me up at night, there's no denial about that. But I know that I have to live with it, since that is how it has played out. How I decided to play it out.

Luke opens his mouth.

Oh, here it comes. The cheesy comment about how he's glad I told him, and a completely unsympathetic story about how he's sorry-not-sorry for me not being able to tell my parents.

But instead of saying some cheesy comment, Luke gives me a sympathetic look.

"Now you make me feel bad." he cracks up a little, a slight embarrassment hinting in his voice. I giggle along with him half-heartedly.

"Don't. I chose to tell you, didn't I?" I assure him, since that's what I've been trying to tell myself every night before I try to sleep.

"Yeah but-"

This is actually cute.

I slightly zoom out of the rambling Luke as he goes on and on about how he's sorry.

This isn't really what I expected. But it's cute how he argues with me.

Luke rambles on and on, going further and further of the topic of his guilt.

"-and now when things are going to well and you seem to have accepted this, which I of course enjoy. Not that I want to use you in any way I just-"

"Luke."

"Yeah...?" he trails of, a guilty expression still lingering on his features.

"Shut up."

He's about to open up his mouth, when I beat him to it.

"I chose to tell you, and now that you know about the complete situation it isn't too bad. I'll manage. So stop rambling." I playfully scold him, as his expression softens. This time I kind if believe myself. Maybe I'll be able to sleep a little better tonight.

"And I didn't pay attention to even half of the rambling you just did. But I found it cute." I say, tapping Luke's nose playfully, taking him a little of by surprise.

Emight squeals. It's high pitched and loud, totally ruining the mood.

"Emight!" Luke groan out loud, his face growing redder by the second.

"Sorry, but Sam really needs to warn me before dropping all those cheesy comments." Emight exclaims, trying to act innocent.

"Emight?" I ask.

"Yeah?"

"Don't squeal."

"Wh-..."

Emight interrupts himself with yet another squeal as I firmly talk to him. Luke sits in front of me, looking into my eyes with his head slightly tilted, as he's solving a difficult puzzle.

Before he can do anything else, I lean in a peck him quickly on his lips. I don't retreat from the closeness of our faces, as find myself captured in his slightly wide, blue eyes.

To say that sparks erupt is an understatement.

They're fudging everywhere.

And that's just a peck.

Emight doesn't seem to be able to control himself, as he squeals again.

"What have you done to my wolf?" Luck whispers, our faces still barley apart, our foreheads touching.

I shrug nonchalantly and try to set the distance between us again. But I don't even get to start the movement before Luke grabs the collar of my shirt and pulls me back.

------------
A/N:

CHEESINESS OVERLOAD!!!

but I've warned you before, haven't I?

We're slowly starting to pick up speed. Soon my dear peeps, the really juicy stuff begin. The reaaaal drama.

Because everything isn't fluff and rainbows, is it?

MOHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA. Hahahah. hahaha...ha.. ha *begin to cough*

Until next chapter I demand 8 comments. And they should actually contain something, not just a sassy "COMMENT", are we clear?

Until then peeps!

//siggeisthedog