Chapter 32

"We need to talk."

As fast as the words fly pass Luke's lips the day after the encounter with Lucy's wanna-be kidnapper, I know the Alpha has done something. Told the pack something.

And by Luke's tone, it's not good.

I freeze on the spot in the corridor, on my way out of school, cursing silently under my breath.

Luke sighs and place himself in front of me, and I look up at him with worried eyes.

"It's not that bad." Luke says, trying to give me a reassuring smile. He fails. Massively. I drop Luke's gaze, as I massage the bridge of my nose.

"Can I see you in the glade in two hours? I need to fix a couple of things first." I mumble, almost under my breath. I look up at Luke, trying to read his reaction.

He nods quickly before he leaves in the same direction he came from.

Taking a deep breath to clear my mind that's currently racing to every possible and impossible conclusion, I walk out of school.

My knuckles are white at the time I throw my bag in a corner of my room, since I've been holding the straps of my backpack way too hard. I sigh frustrated before I retreat down stairs again.

I'm anxious about what Luke has to say, and that's not an understatement.

The thing that really worries me in this mess is the fact that it might affect others. The animals in the forest for an example.

If the Alpha decides to search far and wide after whatever he thinks I am, he might begin to treat some animals as he treated Lucy. Torturing them until they answer him, which is something they can't do.

But it confuses me a little too.

At the wolves lake a couple of weeks ago, he spoke to the wolves with his human tongue. Like he didn't knew that they understood him.

But then he tortured Lucy for answers, like he understood her.

It's like he knows more than I first thought.

But what does he know? And exactly what does he know?

The man confuses me, to say at least, in more areas than one.

I get the feeling of him being unpredictable. I can't predict what his next move will be.

I assume Maxie is still out somewhere with Lucy, so I lock the door again and hide the key under a flowerpot of daisies on the backside of the house.

I shift into my black horse-form, storming of into the woods. I think I'm a bit louder than usual, my hooves echoing between the trees.

"So, what's the matter dear?"

I sigh, leaning into his side.

"It's this man, who's unpredictable. And I-"

I can't utter anything else before he cuts me off.

"A man you like, or a man you don't?"

I chuckle slightly, thinking of the poor woman at the Alpha's side, looking almost embarrassed at his snobby behaviour.

"I serenely don't like him. Not as you mean by like at least. But since I can't predict nor read him for that matter him, I can't really say if I dislike him or if I'm just being confused."

"Good."

"Are we a little protective?" I say, looking into his calmly brown eyes, raising my eyebrows teasingly.

"Of course we are." The old boar tells me with a snort. "You're my guardian and nowadays my friend. I can't help it."

I laugh slightly.

"But about your non-friend. Unpredictable creatures are as the non glorious title tells, difficult to predict. So, when you can't predict their exact movment, you have to have many optional possibilities. Since you don't know what he'll do next, you can either take it as it comes, or plan for many different scenarios." The boar so wisely say, shifting his head slightly to look at me.

I nod as I let his words sink in.

In a small movement I check the watch on my wrist, realising I'll have to go and see Luke.

"I have to go find out what he wants now Grandpa. I'll see you around I guess."

Grandpa let out another snort and stands up as I do to.

"With the way your boy seem to spell difficulties I'm sure I'll see you."

I chuckle at him, hugging him around his neck before speeding of, shifting into a wolf in the process.

--------------
A/N:

Grandpa as media. It was disgusting how many pictures of dead ones it took me to find it... *cringe*

Um... Oh and there's a vote lock on 16 votes.

I feel as if I'm forgetting something...

OH YEAH THIS BOOK HAS PASSED 8K READS WHAT IS LIFE THE BEST OART IS THAT I PREDICT IT TO GET OVER 10K BEFORE IT EVEN ENDS AND IM LIKE WUUUUUUUUT!?!?!

//siggeisthedog