Chapter 17

My heartbeat is even louder than before, if that's even possible.

I reach the corridor that it looks like Lucy is in. Along with the orange soul.

I realise that they are in the same room where I was held when the werewolves kiddnapped me. My eyes leave the soul-replica as I head down the corridor.

I think Myie got lost on the way, since she isn't on my tail anymore.

I try to open up a mind-link with Lucy again, but I still don't get a reply.

My legs take me along the row of doors until I stand outside the room where I suspect Lucy is held.

I carefully look up between the door and the frame to see if the door is locked. To my relief it isn't.

With a quick movement I drag down the doorknob and push open the door with my shoulder.

My eyes wide as soon as I take in the scene before me.

Lucy lays on the bed, her body laying a little too still for my liking.

No...

It's like I only see Lucy in the room. With a long jump I land next to her on the bed, just to see blood sipping out of her mouth.

No...

"I... I don't know what they did to her."

My head snaps to the source of the voice.

With fear in his eyes, Luke stands there in the corner, as backed in as he possibly can.

I can't help it.

A growl escapes my lips, as I leave Lucy's side and jump down on the floor, slowly creeping towards Luke.

"I promise," Emigth tries. "We aren't involved in this. We were in school all day, long gone. We just came home two hours ago, I promise."

His voice is pleading.

I bark at him once before I return to Lucy's side. I'm about to howl after help when Myie and some others from the pack comes rushing into the room. Their gazes immediately fall on Lucy's lump body, before they start gowling at Luke.

I look away from them. I don't need know what they'll do to Luke.

Or... After all, he kind of don't deserve to die or be harmed. If he tells the truth and didn't do anything that is...

"She was unconcious before he entered the room." I mumble quietly.

It's like a numb feeling has made it's way through me. It feels as if I talk monotony, no emotions showing. I know I'm bottling everything up, which is a bad method since I get doomed to eventually break down. But I can let the emothins loose later, but right now, I need to focus on saving Lucy.

If that's even possible.

The wolves listen, even if a few of them give him disapproving looks.

"You should take her to the tree." Myie says carefully, as she jumps onto the bed and tries to wake her Alpha up.

I just nod in response. I desperately try to come up with a plan.

"We need to take her downstairs to do that. How are we going to do that? We can't carry her." Myie continues, slightly rambling.

I nod again. A plan is forming in my head.

"Get everyone out of here and meet me downstairs with the older females. Make sure that the bears protect us. We'll be down in a minute."

Myie doesn't question me, instead she just nods to the wolves around us.

They leave the room, the ones that kept an eye on Luke glaring at him until they're out the door.

I look at Lucy for a little, before I focus on Emight.

"To prove your innocence, you'll help us carry Lucy down the stairs to the group of animals there. Just follow me. Am I understood?"

Emight repeats my words to Luke. I'm about to threten him with the consequences of not carrying her down, when he nods.

"Of course."

I hop of the bed as Luke carefully walks up to it and carefully lifts her up.

"Now, spill it. What exactly did they do to her?" I growl at him as we make our way out of the room. I keep a slow pace as I don't want to risk anthing happpening to Lucy, like Luke loosing his grip around her.

"As you may or may not know we're searching for our mate." Emight starts. "The Alpha went to you, the wolves, to ask for help. He said that they seemed to hide something, and several times I've caught wolves having her scent on them."

"When we told him that we sould ask the wolves why, we didn't think he would torture your Alpha for answers she didn't give him."

She did it for me.

Lucy is this beaten up, for me.

My step hesitates a little mid air, which earns a stop in Luke's steps behind me.

''Is everything okay?''

I shake my head and continue, completely ignoring Emight and Luke behind me.

We take on the stairs carefully, not wanting anything to happen to Lucy.

When we are in the hallway that leads to the front door, I run up ahead.

I reach the outside just to desperately want to her out of there.

The bears have outnumbered the werewolves, and are keeping them in small groups with bears circling them.

In front go the house stands some bears in another circle with some of the oldest female wolves. In one long leap down the stairs I shift into a horse mid air.

I can hear Luke gasp behind me, but if I'm going to be honest I can't care less at the moment. Lucy's life is priority.

''Up on my back.'' I instruct Luke, who obeys. He looks like he's in a state of chock, with his wide eyes and mechanic movements.

The empty feeling remains in my body as the group of bears, wolves and a single horse speed if into the forest.

Hold on Lucy.

-------

A/N:

About the kinda late update...

*sips coconut drink in the shadow of a palm tree listening to the sea*

It's hard finding wi-fi! Kay?!

Vote, and I'll really try-hard to get next part up ;)

Anyway, can I just take a moment and thank every single one of you for reading? You're all awesome!

Random question, how many chapters should I do? I don't want to update forever (#sorrynotsorry) but I want to know how's my that's...enough.

//siggeisthedog.