Chapter 42

Suddenly Luke stands up. Blood still poured down from his split lip, and he had a nasty bruise on his jaw.

"I trust this woman, my soulmate, with my life. Wherever she goes, so does I."

Loud gasps erupts in the crowd. Some women give Luke sympathetic looks through their tear stained faces, while some of the men rolls their eyes, as if what he's saying is the top of stupidity.

"I'm positive to splitting this pack if it's necessary."

I turn to Luke, and send him a confused yet thankful look. I stop myself from smiling, as I feel like this isn't over yet.

"Well then, split the pack son." Peter exclaims, suddenly composed and seemingly calm. Although I still sense his discomfort.

"Don't you dare call me son. You're not my father." Luke says through gritted teeth, his aggravation increasing with every breath. His eyes are narrowed on the Alpha, and his lips twisting into a snarl.

"Wow, that hurt, son." Alpha Peter says in a mockingly manner, putting emphasis on son. He smiles evilly, like he's enjoying himself.

I see how Luke tenses, visibly clenches his fists and jaw. He shifts his weight to his right leg.

Luke please no...

Luke lets out a battle cry who shifts into a growl as Emight have attacked the Alpha. Reon soon makes an appearance, even though his eyes don't shift with him.

Emight heads straight for Reon's neck, but the Alpha easily dodge him which sends Emight flying past them and tumbling on the ground.

My mate is soon on his feet again, and it doesn't take long before he's up and about again.

Since Luke has rage in his veins, his movements are powerful but clumsy. Peter takes this to his advantage, as he easily continues jumps out of the way from Luke's every move.

I know this is Luke's decision, and it feels wrong for me to interrupt. He has probably wanted this for ages. I would've, in his skin.

Put then, Luke finally gets a hold of the Alpha's neck, which sets him off.

The crowd is dead silent, as the Alpha throws Luke off him, launching him into a tree.

The oak splits in two out of the impact. Emight falls to the ground, eyes closed and body numb.

I bend forward as pain struck me in the stomach. I grit my teeth to keep it under control. It's impossible. Tears start to prickle my eyes, but I blink them away.

"Enough." I mumble under my breath. It's like I'm not able to say it louder. The pain is too much, the heartache. I can handle it, sure, but not without squinted eyes and short breaths. It almost worse than the pain Arí caused me.

This is truly enough.

We need to come to a decision. I can't stand more people getting hurt. We can't just play around like this.

I hear the Alpha shift back again, a pair of shorts being thrown at him that he easily slips into. His pack members seems to be on his side by now, at least a few of them. I can hear them petting him on the back, complimenting his techniques.

The Alpha laughs, probably at Luke, some of the men laughing along him. I hear Peter's wolf, Reon, whimper.

"Enough." I say, a little louder, but not loud enough for anyone to hear. I try to stand up straight and I manage, even if my composure gets a little tilted forward and a hand still pressed against my stomach.

My eyes trail over to Luke, laying there, numbly, as Mark and a couple of other guys are kneed down beside him.

"Enough."

"Enough."

"Enough!" I yell, my cry echoing through the field.

That's when I feel Arí, really waking up.

"You can't treat you own wolf like that. You can't treat your brother's son like that."

As I speak, Arí's wind blows pass the Alpha, making leaves swirl around him.

"Enough with it all."

The Alpha chukles, but it is cut short as he's lifted of the ground by the wind.

My mouth fall agape, along with practically every werewolf in the circle. I think a few of them begin to panic, as a few of then shift as other ones back away out of instinct. Some are just frozen on the spot.

The wind transforms into a tornado, making it impossible to see Peter anymore.

Out of nowhere, cry of pain is heard from the now tornado-like spiral of air where Peter is trapped.

Some if the males get out of their chocked state, just to run up to the wind. Both wolves and humans. Unfortunately they're not even able to get close as another wind push them away.

A green light, similar to the light around The Tree, start to radiate of the tornado. Peter's cries have died down, making me wonder what Arí is up to.

As sudden as it came, the wind fades out to nothing.

I feel as if something calls for me where the tornado disappeared. It's like something urges me to run over there.

When I'm standing there, watching the grass that's sticking out in weird directions, I can't help but feel confused.

In the grass lays Peter, and a wolf.

Curiosity gets the best of me, as I let my eyes enter the purple soul-replica. I have a theory on what Arí has done, but could she really...?

I get the answer to my question when I see the two souls before me.

They are out of completely different colour.

There's owned red and one yellow...

------------
A/N:

So, an unconscious mate, an Alpha who doesn't have a wolf anymore and a pack that's slightly scared.

WE'RE CLOSING IN ON THE END PEOPLE!!!

And just a quick side note: If you kill me, I can't update *cough* Zeptaurus

Until next time! (Which is 18 votes away)

//siggeisthedog