o n e

i wake up to the sound of my annoying alarm clock. i smack the top of it so it stops playing that unbearable noise and groan.

   i'm still tired but i couldn't skip school, especially on the first day. it isn't really the first day of school but because i'm going to a new school... you get the picture.

   i lazily get up and change into the outfit i picked out from the night before. i wear a plain white shirt that's a little oversized but still very comfortable with light blue skinny jeans and white converse high tops.

   i tuck in the white shirt and brush my hair. i decide to leave my hair out today since i'm too lazy to pick it up. but of course i still take a hair tie just in case.

   i do my basic everyday makeup and head into the kitchen so that i could eat breakfast. today's breakfast was cinnamon toast crunch cereal. i eat it while watching the morning news.

   afterwards, i place my bowl in the sink and grab my wallet from my room. i also grab my phone and earphones as i grab my navy blue cardigan and school bag as i head out of my apartment building.

   i plug in my earphones and walk to the train station. i honestly hate walking through the city since it's so crowded; especially during the morning rush.

   i finally make it into the train station and grab a seat. i wait on the train until it's time to get off.

   after some time, i get off at my stop and hop on the bus that would take me to my new school.

   as i got on the bus, i notice how pretty the town is. it's much different from where i lived and it has nice aesthetics.

   i get off the bus once i see the school building and cross the street. i tell security that i'm a new student. he tells me to head to the main office.

"i don't know where that is." i say, as he directs me to the office. i thank him and let the woman behind the desk know that i'm a new student.

"ahh, you must be jennifer lim! welcome to jarvis high, i'm ms. long, the parent coordinator." she says, handing me a few pieces of paper.

"this is your schedule and bus pass. let me just take your picture for your id." she says, as she took out a camera.

i smile towards the camera as she snaps the picture.

"we'll send you your id in one of your classes. in the meantime, you can go
to your classes now. the tour of the school will happen during your lunch period. have fun today!" ms. long says, as i went up to my classroom.

   the first class i have is math. it isn't my strongest class but i'm still pretty good at it.

i walk into the classroom and sit all the way in the back. "miss. you're new to school?" a teacher asks me.

"i am." i say. "follow me." he says, as he walks me over to his desk.

   he asks me to fill out a few things and he gives me some things.

"what school did you go to?" he asks me. "briarwood." i say. "i see why you've made the change." he says, as i walk back to my seat.

   once the class starts, i notice i'm seated with four other guys. i also notice the kids in the class looking at me in a strange way. i shrug it off and continue to work on the worksheet.

t i m e  s k i p

   i'm currently in english class and notice the four guys before are now in the same class as me.