t w e n t y

"why won't you tell me where we're going?" i ask, as the taxi stops in front of the airport. "you'll see when we get there!" sammy says, as he helps me out of the car and passes through the airport crowd.

"i'm anxious." i say. "babe, don't be. i promise you'll love where we're going, okay?" sammy says, as we rush onto our plane and find our seats.

"first class? woosung, you're crazy! how did you manage this?" i ask. "anything for you." he says. "i'm serious!" i say. "you'll find out, don't worry." sammy says.

"hmm.. can i guess where we're going?" i ask. "i guess. you might guess where we're going though." he says. "hmmm.. okay. well, i've always wanted to go to japan. and london. but according to the plane ticket it says 'LAX' so it's obvious we're going to california." i say.

"that's exactly where we're going! my parents have a summer house there so we're gonna go there." sammy says. "i've always wanted to go there too! i guess you could be my tourist then since you know the area." i say.

"yeah.. hey did i ever tell you i'm friends with jae from day6?" he asks. "nO?? WHAT DO YOU MEAN BY THAT??" i ask.

"well in the summertime when my family used to go to cali, my next door neighbor was jae. we used to play in the park as kids and sometimes i helped him with his homework. and once we got older, i helped him write songs." he says.

"that's so cool!!" i say. "it is! i don't think he ever moved so hopefully you could meet him." sammy says. "isn't he in south korea?" i ask. "i think so. but even then every summer he manages to visit every now and again." he says.

"maybe we'll bump into him. california's a huge state you know." i say. "it sorta reminds me of home in a way." sammy says. "maybe.. i guess we'll find out." i say, as we prepare to take off.

t i m e s k i p

   we get off the plane and grab our bags. "i can't believe we're here." i say. "wait until we get outside." sammy says, guiding me outside the airport.

"so, what do you want to do first?" sammy asks. "don't we need a car to get around?" i ask. "i have a car. it's our summer car." he says, getting into the taxi cab.

"not sure. what are we supposed to do originally?" i ask. "that surprise is for tomorrow. today, let's say we familiarize you with the town. maybe pass through hollywood and go to the biggest kpop store in town." he says.

"you mean choice music? i've always wanted to go." i say. "they always give you extra photo cards and posters it's their gifts. there's also this bubble tea place that's really good; jae and i used to go there all the time." sammy says.

"you must've been really close with him." i say. "i still am. we talk every now and again. he said he might be here i think yesterday." he says. "oh, that's great! so maybe we will bump into him after all!" i say.

"we just might! you could actually make a left here." sammy tells the driver, as he makes a left.

"that's my place over there." sammy says, pointing. "it's cute!" i say, grabbing my bags and going towards the house.

"you could just leave your bags upstairs for now." sammy says, as i head upstairs into one of the rooms.

"i assume this was your room." i say to sammy. "it is. you know, we could take my parents room if you want." sammy says. "you sure?" i ask. "i mean we are here alone." he says. "if you want to, i don't see why not." i say, moving my bags into the master room.

"this house kind of reminds me of the ones my parents had. not the small apartment but the house i grew up in." i say. "really?" sammy asks, sitting on the bed next to me.