f o u r t e e n

"rise and shine angel!" i hear nurse anderson say, as i lazily sit up and see a tray with food.

"you know, i don't want to meddle but i think you had a thing for sammy." she says. "he is cute, isn't he?" i ask, eating the breakfast.

"yeah, he is. i think he seems to feel the same way. say, that's a lot of stuff you wrote. maybe one of your hobbies was to write." she says.

"maybe. i do remember singing though so i probably wrote my own songs. i also enjoyed poetry a lot also." i say.

"that's great! listen, today we're going to find out your past so finish eating and fix yourself. also, i love your natural curls." she says, as she leaves the room.

"woosung! hi!" i say, waving to him once he walks into my room. "hey!" he says, hugging me.

"i had the weirdest dream last night. you were in it." i say. "i was?" he asks. "yeah. so basically you were in a band and you guys were going to perform but before that happened i came backstage to check up on you and... we kissed." i say.

"we did, huh?" he asks. "it's crazy, isn't it? it seemed so real." i say. "you're gonna flip when i tell you this but i'm actually in a band." he says.

"no way! is the band called the rose?" i ask. "you remembered!" he says. "i just might. correct me if i'm wrong but you play guitar, leo plays piano and guitar also, dylan plays drums, and jeff plays bass?" i ask.

"you've got it!" he says. "cool! i have a question though." i say. "ask." he says. "jia isn't in the band with you guys, is she?" i ask. "she isn't. she's technically our unofficial manager. we didn't debut yet, we're just a school band." he says.

"i see... so why name yourselves the rose?" i ask. "great question. it's a way to show music that coexisted with the beauty of flowers and the sharpness of thorns." he says.

"that's beautiful! it sounds as if it came out of a poem or storybook." i say. "you always loved hearing that. i remember the first time i told you, you immediately fell in love with it and started writing in everywhere and even repeated to yourself so you could remember it. i'm surprised you forgot it." he says.

"it sounds familiar but at least i know where it comes from." i say. "yeah. you ready to go?" he asks. "yeah, i just want to fix myself." i say, going into the bathroom and looking at myself in the mirror.

is this really me? i ask myself, as i fix my hair and cover my acne spots.

i come out of the bathroom and put on my only shoes i have which are my converse and grab my coat.

"i should take the things i don't need like my album and schoolbag. and maybe the clothes i woke up in." i say, placing everything into my schoolbag and walking out the room with sammy.

"oh, i was just coming to get you guys! let's get going!" nurse anderson says, as we follow her to the outside.

we get into a car and nurse anderson drives us to a building that looks like a school. the name jumps out at me instantly.

"that's jarvis high, isn't it?" i ask. "what do you know about jarvis high?" nurse anderson asks.

"i know that i enrolled myself in there after my parents passed. i think that's where i met sammy. can i go inside?" i ask.

"just for a while." nurse anderson says, as sammy and i leave the car and cross the street.

"wait a minute! isn't today friday?" i ask. "it is. i'm missing school but we're not doing anything since school is going to end." he says.