f i v e

"good morning." a voice says. i open my eyes and see sammy sitting up.

his hair was tousled in a whole mess and he wasn't wearing a shirt. he has a nice toned body, i have to admit. and did i talk about his morning voice? because it's raspy as can be.

"good morning." i say, smiling. "do you always smile when you wake up?" he asks. "sometimes.. if i know it's going to be a good day." i say.

"get ready. we have to leave soon." sammy says, as i started to get up from the bed

i decided to wear sammy's shirt and wear my burgundy jeans from yesterday. the shirt had fit nicely with my outfit; it was a black shirt that faded to burgundy at the hem.

"wow... you want to keep the shirt?" sammy asks. "i thought this was one of your favorites." i say. "it is. but you look good in it." sammy says.

"you sure?" i ask. "yeah.. also here's the spare key. it seems like you'll be a frequent person here." he says, handing me a key. "thank you. remind me i have to give you a spare key to my place." i say, grabbing my schoolbag and exiting the apartment.

t i m e s k i p

we arrive at school and went to starbucks. i don't know what made us walk in here but i was craving it.

i get a vanilla bean frappe and a small sandwich. the sandwich was good, but i don't think i'll ever buy it again.

we walk into class and take our seat. ever since jisoo found out about us, she's been giving me nasty glares. i've been trying to ignore it but it's just really annoying.

"what's wrong?" sammy asks me. "jisoo's always giving me dirty looks and i hate it." i say. "we're not together anymore and i honestly don't care about her anymore. just let it go." he says.

"but she's so annoying." i whine. "i know she is. but in life, not everyone is going to be your friend and mind their business. and i know ignoring it will only make it worse but.. try to. and if you can't, get yourself distracted by her glares." he says.

"that sounds like something i'd say." i say, smiling. "because you did tell me.. a week ago, remember?" he asks.

"you're right! huh, interesting that you remembered." i say. "what do you mean?" he asks. "back in briarwood, no one ever listened to me or forgot what i had to say." i say.

"i guess it's time for a change then." he says. "yeah.. i guess so." i say, as the class begins to start.

t i m e s k i p

i walk into the music room and sit next to jia. "i need to talk to you." i say, dragging her into another room.

"what's wrong? is everything okay? did sammy do something i should know about?" she asks.

"no, everything is fine actually. in fact i have never felt this happy in a long time. jia, i think i'm crushing on him without realizing it." i say.

"he makes you happy, huh?" she asks. "look, ever since the death of my parents.. i've been so down and i couldn't get out of mourning. i transferred myself into this school and- that reminds me!" i say, bursting out of the room and running to my guidance counselor.

"jennie wait!" i heard jia say, as i walk into the office.

"jen, is everything okay?" mrs. lester says. "sammy told me about a program-"