s e v e n t e e n

"we deadass had that whole date and you didn't even tell him? jen-"

"jia, i couldn't just tell sam that when he was talking about moving." i say. "he's moving?" she asks. "he just might. he has a brother in south korea and he has to see him. he just might end up staying there." i say.

"did he invite you? are you going with him? jen, what if this is your las-"
"jia i don't want to talk about it right now, okay?" i ask, sitting down on the desk.

"you look alone. are you okay?" leo asks, sitting next to me. "yeah. i'll be okay. are you okay?" i ask.

"yeah what made you think i wasn't?" he asks. "nothing, i was just asking." i say. "i'm fine." he says. "oh i forgot! i have presents for you all." i say, going into my school bag and handing everyone their gifts.

"what's this?" dylan asks. "just open them." i say. "how come i don't get a gift?" sammy asks. "i gave yours a little earlier than everyone else." i say. "and what about jia?" leo asks.

"her gift is there, don't worry. open your gift though." i say, as he opens the box. "a book of poems and jason mraz! how'd you know?" leo asks, hugging me.

"i figured while i was gone everyone sort of missed me or wished to have seen me. these gifts are to say thank you for being so patient." i say.

"a coldplay album! there's tickets inside. there's only two though." jeff says. "i know." i say. "one of them's for jia, isn't it?" jeff asks. "use your common sense." i say.

"how did you know i was a monbebe?" dylan asks. "how did i not know?" i ask, as he tackles me in a hug. "there's six tickets here.. are we all going?" dylan asks. "use your common sense." jeff says.

"knock knock! we want to do an interview with jennifer!" jisoo says. "interview on what?" i ask. "many things like your traumatizing experience in a coma and the death of dev olsen." she says.

"the death of dev olsen? what does that have to do with me?" i ask. "you used to go to briarwood as i recall, yes?" she asks. "yeah but i never spoke with him." i say.

"okay, i just thought you'd be interested that's all. i'll see you at gym!" jisoo says, walking down the hall.

"dev olsen is dead? who would've thought-"

"wait." i say, taking out my phone to google the information. "guys, it's true. dev is really dead." i say, showing everyone an article.

"what did he die of?" sammy asks. "according to the article, it says, 'devin olsen was announced dead at eight oh seven this morning due to a cold heart'." i say.

"a cold heart?" jia asks. "yes." i say. "okay, we all knew he was a cold hearted dickhead, but did they really-"

"it says here, 'he was taken to the hospital and doctors say when he arrived, his heart was frozen ice. they've tried numerous times to warm him up, but unfortunately, he himself became frozen'." i say.

"jen, you have to know something about this. it sounds like your powers!" jeff says. "okay guys, let me confess." i say, as everyone gets closer to me.

"when i was still trying to remember things, sammy took me to places i should remember. as soon as i saw briarwood, i didn't want to walk in. but i did. and when i did, i immediately saw dev and he kept touching me and trying to get me back. i freaked out and used my powers. i froze his heart and it kicked in within 48 or 72 hours." i say.

"so you killed dev-"
"go ahead, say it louder so the whole world can know." i say.

"but bro that's so cool though! i mean not the fact you killed someone but like.. wait a minute you said sammy was there?" leo asks. "yeah." i say.