n i n e

"oh my god, jennie! that's such a cute ring!" a girl named ashley says. "it's more than cute, it's gorgeous! where'd you get it?" another girl named luna asks.

"it's a gift." i say, smiling. "whoever gave it to you, must really love you." ashley says, as we walk into our korean class.

"did you pick out a song?" jia asks. "i did! but i picked out multiple songs." i say. "that's fine. when we do partner work we could just choose a song together." jia says.

"great! i want to do something special for christmas as well-"
"sing a song for the christmas show! mr. choi could help you write a song if you want to but you honestly don't have to write one. or maybe do a duet for the show with sammy. i think the school would be in such awe." jia says.

"i'll talk to mr. choi during lunch." i say. "cool! speaking about lunch, have you finished the drawing yet?" jia asks. "almost.. i need to add colors but he keeps changing them." i say.

"i thought you were doing pencil shading." jia says. "that's what i was gonna do-"

"i think sammy'll like that better. he likes natural things." she says. "you think so?" i ask. "i know so. with all these presents being thrown at him, he'd be shook enough. i don't think ji-"

"jisoo ever did anything like it. you guys talk about her a lot." i say. "it's just she changed us all and when you came and made us find ourselves.. jen its a really long story." jia says.

"i understand that but no offense but you don't need to talk about her so constantly. she's over and done with." i say. "you're right. i'm sorry." she says.

"no, don't be sorry. i know she's left such an impact on you guys but like you guys talk about her as if you're obsessed with her and want her back with sammy." i say.

"if they get back together i'm killing myself. you know that." jia says, as we started to choose a song from my notebook.

t i m e s k i p

"mr. choi! you look stressed. is everything okay?" i ask. "it's just the christmas show. we need more people to perform." he says.

"i could do a cover of a christmas song if you'd like. and maybe sammy and i could duet." i suggest. "you know, that gave me an idea! why don't we write a christmas song for you to sing? instead of doing a cover like everyone else, you could do your own thing." mr. choi says.

"that'd be great! thank you." i say, as someone picks me up and spins me. "i've missed you!" sammy says, hugging me.

"i was only gone for three days being a tutor." i say. "how much longer?" he asks. "i have to go back upstairs, the only reason i'm here is to help mr. choi with the christmas show." i say.

"put us down for the show! jen and i will have a duet." sammy says. "what are we going to sing?" i ask. "you know the song baby it's cold outside?" he asks. "oooh iconic! i'm up for it!" i say.

"great! let me walk you upstairs." sammy says. "uhh, i cant let you do that. the kid has trust issues and he only wants me to be there. if he sees me with someone he gets excited and distracted. he has down syndrome." i say.

"will you be at lunch tomorrow?" sammy asks. "hopefully. i cant make any promises." i say, walking out of the room and going upstairs.

i walk back downstairs and walk into the band room and continue my drawing.

i decided to shade in the darks and lights with a pencil since i didn't have the time to use color.

the drawing actually turned out to be really well. i look up to see sammy again but this time he seems stressed.