t h i r t y

"mommy!" rose says, as her little legs run towards my direction. "yes?" i ask, pausing my music playing from the boombox. "can i dance with you?" she asks. "you know what? i can teach you to dance! it's a simple step, can you follow it?" i ask, as she nods her head excitedly.

i teach her the basic moves to the dance. "am i going too fast?" i ask her. "no." she says. "are you sure?" i ask. "yes." she says. "you want to try it with music?" i ask. "i think i'm ready." she says, as i rush over to restart the song.

we both dance in front of the mirror and i must say, rose has picked up on the moves so quickly. she's only four years old, almost turning five and i'm just so in awe at what she can accomplish at her age.

"look at you two dancing!" i hear a voice say, as we both turn around and see sammy with lucas. "daddy!!" rose says, running towards sammy to hug him.

"how come you never learned to dance?" lucas asks. "yeah, daddy! how come?" rose asks. "me? i just haven't gotten around to it." sammy says. "mommy taught me a dance! i want to perform it." rose says, letting go of sammy and rushing back to where she was.

"sarang, wait. before you perform, why don't we perform as a family?" i suggest. "i wanna learn!!" lucas says, running next to rose. "woosung, you might as well learn this as well. it wouldn't be complete." i say.

"aren't you going to use this for your title song?" he asks. "maybe, i'm not sure. but for right now, just learn it." i say, as we stand in a line in front of the mirror.

i teach everyone the dance and once everyone has agrees that they can dance with the music, that's exactly what we do.

"we stan a dancing family." i hear someone say, as i turn around to see taemin. "uncle taemin!!" rose and lucas say, running towards him to hug him.

"what brings you here today?" sammy asks. "oh you didn't know. i'm working on a song with your wife over here." taemin says. "really?" he asks me. "surprise!" i say.

"okay two legends are literally working on a song together? that's mind blowing." sammy says. "awe, you called me a legend. that's cute!" i say, hugging sammy.

"i mean he isn't wrong. you've been mc's for a lot of shows, you were in a lot of popular dramas, you even appeared in a movie that's still in theaters, now you're working on your first album instead of mini album; that's legendary." taemin says.

"awwwe, you're too sweet, thank you!" i say, hugging taemin. "you deserve the love. shall we work on the song now or are you teaching your kids a dance?" taemin asks.

"did you see the dance?" i ask. "i saw part of it. i want to see the whole thing though." he says. "okay kids, want to dance for uncle taemin?" i ask them, as they jump up and down. "good! sam, you might as well dance also." i say.

"you sure?" he asks. "we're a family. it's all or nothing." i say, as sammy plays the song again.

after we show taemin the dance, i exit the dance room and head into my studio.

"this studio is amazing!" taemin says, admiring the room. "thank you." i say, sitting at the microphone. "you did this yourself?" he asks. "most of it. woosung did the designing part though." i say.

"it's beautiful." he says. "thank you." i say, looking around the room. the room is split in two: on one side, there's a desk with different synthesizers and equalizers that controls the sound of the microphones and the other half is where the microphones are along with two stools and sheet music behind the microphones.

"oh! i should get my notebook! i'll be right back." i say, rushing out of my studio and into my bedroom.

"mommy!" rose calls, running into my room. "yes?" i answer. "you write really well." she says, handing me my notebook. "you looked through mommy's notebook?" i ask, taking the notebook from her hands.