t e n

"why do i always have to yell at you guys? everyday you guys just can't pay attention, there's only six kids that actually pay attention here. your attention span is getting shorter and shorter." mr. choi yells.

this same situation has been happening everyday for the past week and i was getting tired of the same speech. he's right for the most part and yet these kids don't listen.

he's been stressed out about the christmas show since no one else is doing any solos so we may end up having the dancers do something.

also our end of the term show has been cut since the school doesn't have enough money to support it which is even more stressful.

"i am tired of this!" mr. choi continues. i could tell he needed a moment alone and i really wanted to help him out.

"you okay? you look upset." sammy whispers to me. "i'm fine. i just want to help him." i whisper back. "talking to him would only make it worse." he whispers. "let me try. you think you could take over?" i ask. "leo could but i could get everyone to settle down. work your magic." sammy says, as i take mr. choi into the music office.

"you don't have to do this." he says. "i want to. you're stressed out and taking it out on the kids isn't going to do much." i say.

"these things normally don't happen. i've fought for them not to cut the show. and you see how they act. you've only been here for a few months and you're already one of the best students i have." he says.

"we'll see how things go. these shows aren't planned by who's performing." i say, looking over the list of soloists.

"okay so you only have me and the rose on the list. if we could get jeff and jia to do something, sammy and i could possibly collab with them. jeff could do the bass line and i could do the alto line.. after class, i'm gonna talk to them and i'll let you know." i say, as we walk back into the chorus room.

"everything okay?" sammy asks me. "i have an idea for the show. after class i'll let you guys know." i say, as we continue singing.

t i m e s k i p

after chorus, i take everyone into the band room and wait until mr. choi came into the room.

"okay so i was thinking we could do a quartet. so we take one bass, one tenor, one alto, and one soprano and do something acapella. i think it'll be really nice and maybe something different." i say.

"i'm up for it! and maybe i could duet with someone-"
"i could duet with jia! i'm in!" jeff says.

"then it's settled! we could practice tomorrow and decide on what to sing today." i say.

"i feel like i know which song we could do." sammy says. "we could do mary did you know. it's by pentatonix and since they're an acapella group-"

"that's one of my favorite christmas songs! let's do it!" jia says.

"i haven't heard the song, can we listen to it?" jeff asks. "let me bring it up." i say, going on youtube and searching up the song.

we all listen to the song and i could tell everyone instantly fell in love with it.

"jia, since you love this song so much and you were just lip syncing to it, you could start us off." i suggest.

"uhh, no. i have social anxiety and i'm not starting first." she says. "can you at least sing the first part? just so i could get an understanding. i'm going to do it as well." i say.

"you can go first." jia says. "i asked you to go first. come on, don't back away from it." i say, as she ended up singing the part anyways.

"you sound really good!" jeff says to jia. "thank you." she says, smiling. "well, that's settled! sammy could do the second part after jia's and then jia and i could do the first chorus so that i do the part after the chorus then jeff and then-"