s i x t e e n

i wake up and notice jia sitting on my bed while on her phone texting someone.

"isn't it too early to be on your phone?" i ask. "shhh. i'm busy." she says. "doing what?" i ask. "texting jeff." she says.

"wow relationship goals." i say. "he invited us on a date. what do i say?" she asks. "define us?" i ask. "me, you... and maybe you could invite sam!" she says. "sammy?" i ask. "yes, also known as the love of your life." she says.

"he's not the love of my life, calm it down." i say. "dude, you'd die for this man. and you love him a lot. you're honestly whipped for him." she says.

"ask when the date is." i say, as i see her thumbs move. "he said tonight." she says. "tonight??" i ask. "yeah." she says. "do you want to go?" i ask. "the question is do you want to go." she says. "i'd have to text sammy and ask if he wants to go." i say, getting my phone from my dresser and texting him.

me
hey! i'm not sure if you're busy tonight but jia and jeff invited us on a date and i was wondering if you wanted to go. it's fine if you don't want to go :)

sam 💌🌱
i was just about to ask you the same thing!

me
rly? soooo.. does this mean ur going?

sam 💌🌱
yes!

me
great! i'll see you then!

sam 💌🌱
see you then x

"did sammy just send you an x like as in a heart?? stop this is the content i live for!" jia says, taking my phone and typing.

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING?? GIVE ME BACK MY PHONE!!" i say, fighting for my phone. "not a chance. let me send this one text message-"

"you're not sending anything! this is my phone. i'll send what i want to." i say, as she presses a button. "JIAA!! HOW COULD YOU DO THAT??" i say, taking my phone and looking at the text she sent.

me
sammmyy i love you a lot and you're the love of my life i just wanted you to know how much i honestly care about you 1!1!11! xoxoxoxo <3 <3

"you made me sound like some cringy ass fan on the internet." i say, texting sammy back

me
OMG IM SO SORRY FOR THAT LAST TEXT!!

me
jia took my phone and made me sound like a cringy ass fan on the internet oof

sam 💌🌱
lmao it's ok ;)

"THE WINK MEANS HE LIKES YOU OOF." jia says, taking my phone again. "jia stop i'm already turning red." i say. "you look like a tomato damn. just one more text." she says. "NO MORE TEXTS!!" i say, taking my phone.

"so you never said... should i tell jeff the date is on?" jia suddenly asks. "yeah, tell him." i say. "you look scared." she says.

"i just really feel iffy about this." i say. "it's just a date, calm down. it's not like he's going to do anything to hurt you. he's not like that." she says. "i know.. i just don't do well on dates." i say.

"don't worry about it so much. we should start heading out though to get dressed and gift wrapping presents for your gifts." jia says, as we get dressed and walk out of my apartment

   one thing about jia is that she has the tendency to make everything a big deal. like small dates can be such a big deal for her. and every small thing is just a big thing?? i'm not sure how to explain it.