03

Minghao was walking to his locker to get his books for his next class, he noticed a rose on top of his locker. He grabbed it and found a note attached to it.

I hope you like roses cause I'll be giving you more!!

Minghao stared at the rose confused. His friend, Jeonghan was walking to him. He quickly showed his friend. Jeonghan's eyes light up.

"Oh my god who gave this to you?!" Jeonghan squealed in excitement.

"I don't know they only wrote this.." Minghao said showing Jeonghan the note.

"Secret admirer!!" Jeonghan said shaking Minghao by the shoulder.

"I never had one." Minghao said staring at the rose.

"Looks like you got one now, I'm so happy and excited for you!" Jeonghan said and Minghao smiled.

"I do like flowers," Minghao blushed.

Jeonghan smirked. "Looks like they knew what you like" Jeonghan winked at Minghao.

"Do you know them?" Minghao asked cautiously.

Jeonghan quickly shook his head. "I don't so you have to go find out!"

Minghao nodded and kept the rose inside his locker before going to his next lesson with Jeonghan.

After school, Minghao found another rose. He took it and read the small note on it.

Surprise~ I got another rose for you, I'm glad you like flowers cause I'm gonna give you more!

Minghao smiled at the note and took the other rose inside his locker and went back home with two roses.

"How come you have 2 roses?" Mingyu, his roommate and best friend asked.

"I got it from someone." Minghao said finding a small vase and filling it with water before placing them inside.

Minghao smiled at the roses before bringing them up to his room.

"Ooh who's that someone?" Mingyu teased.

Minghao rolled his eyes. "I don't know, it's anonymous."

"Secret admirer?" Mingyu asked dropping onto Minghao's bed.

"Yeah"

"That's surprising."

"And why is that?"

"Why would someone want to be your secret admirer." Mingyu said and Minghao threw a pillow at him.

"Fuck you"

"I'm kidding!" Mingyu laughed playfully messing Minghao's face up before walking out of his room.

"I'll go make us some food."

"Thanks" Minghao rolled his eyes before grinning.

He then arranged his things on the table nicely before moving the vase to a better place.

He smiled in satisfaction before going out of his room for some food made by Mingyu.

This continued for weeks with a total of 10 roses. Minghao tried to find out who the person was that was giving him all these roses but failed.

The small things written inside those notes made Minghao's heart flutter and happy.

Minghao ran to his locker excited to see the rose.

He saw it on top of his locker and he smiled. He quickly grabbed it and check the note.

This is the 11th rose I have given you since I started, maybe this is too soon but meet me once you read this note in the school garden! If you don't want to it's fine too!

Minghao quickly threw his books that he was carrying in his arms into his locker before rushing to the school garden.

He noticed a familiar back. He gasped in surprise when they turned around.

"Surprise." the boy said with a shy smile.

"Jun? It was you this whole time?" Minghao said still surprised.

Jun nodded and blushed. "Yeah, I didn't know how to tell you so I started giving you roses."

Jun then brought one out behind his back. He smiled.

"Here's the 12th rose." Jun softly said and Minghao gladly took it.

"I have liked you for a long time now so I just wanted to tell you that I really like you." Jun said.

Minghao held the rose close to his heart and smiled. "I like you too Jun"

Minghao then wrapped his arms around Jun and hugged him tightly. Jun quickly hugged back.

"You know there's a special meaning behind those roses." Jun said.

"What is it?" Minghao asked curiously.

"You will know soon." Jun tapped Minghao's nose before smiling.

Minghao blushed and pouted. "Fine then"

Jun chuckled at Minghao's childish behaviour.

"You're so cute." Jun asked.

"Wanna go on a date?" Jun added with a shy smile.

"Like now?" Minghao asked excitedly.

Jun smiled and nodded. Minghao smiled widely before taking Jun's hand.

"Let's go!"

the meaning behind the roses, if you get 12 roses as a gift means declaration of love :)

i found out about this while reading about flower meanings lmao