39

minghao was grumpy on a saturday. he could be sleeping after 5 days of school but his friends, seokmin and seungkwan messaged him telling him to meet up at  cafe.

minghao decided to come although he wasn't in the mood but in the end they both ditched him to go to the movies without him.

minghao as obviously gonna kill them when he sees them but he decided to stay a bit longer before he leaves to his true love, his bed.

minghao sipped on his green tea latte before he noticed someone standing on a small platform in the cafe.

he was holding a mic and his head was down low so he wasn't able to see his face.

he started singing as music started playing. minghao was captivated by his voice. he loved his voice, it was soft and calming.

it made minghao feel better. minghao was tapping his feet to the music before it stopped. the song was finished and minghao could finally see his face.

his breath hitched. it was junhui from his maths class. minghao always found him breath taking.

junhui looked around and smiled, he bowed before introducing himself.

"hello i'll be singing 3 more songs, my name is junhui nice to meet you!" junhui said with a charming smile.

minghao's heart was beating faster. why was junhui singing here? he was pretty sure he didn't work here as minghao comes to this cafe often.

junhui and minghao made eye contact. junhui smiled and waved at minghao making minghao awkwardly wave back.

junhui then began to sing another song which was familiar to him. it was a chinese song that was his favourite.

minghao was softly mumbling along to the song before making eye contact with junhui.

junhui had a wide smile on his face as he continued to sing still looking at minghao. minghao wanted to break the eye contact as he felt his cheeks burning up.

but he didn't instead he kept the eye contact going. it was worth it other than him looking like a red tomato. once junhui ended the song, he started another one.

a korean song that minghao heard before but he couldn't remember the title. minghao just bop his head to the music and junhui's voice.

it was calm and soothing. minghao liked it, he wouldn't mind listening to it everyday.

the last song junhui sang was a hype song which made everyone in the cafe clap to the beat.

junhui's voice changed to something that wasn't calming but it was still nice. it made minghao hyped up as well.

once junhui was done, everyone clapped and he bowed before smiling widely. he then left the platform and everything was back to normal.

minghao was about to leave since everything was done and he was almost done with his drink anyway.

"hey!" minghao stopped his tracks and turned around.

it was junhui. he had a wide smile on his face.

"hey.." minghao said.

"how did you like my performances?" junhui asked curiously.

"um it was really nice. i like it." minghao smiled nervously.

junhui happily clapped his hands. "i'm glad! thought i embarrassed myself infront of someone like you.." junhui softly said.

"excuse me?" minghao asked not knowing if it was an insult or compliment.

"no! i don't mean as an insult! i mean like i didn't want to embarrass myself in front of someone you know..cute" junhui turned away blush on his cheeks.

"o-oh"

"aah i'm sorry for making this awkward-"

"it's alright. it's better than nothing" minghao quickly cut him off.

junhui then showed a smile once again making minghao's heart flutter.

"i was also wondering, how come you're singing here? i usually come here so that's why" minghao asked.

"oh! so my friend, jeonghan i don't know if you know but he asked me to cover for him since he had a date today" junhui answered.

minghao nodded understanding everything.

"oh sorry for making you stay longer, you must be busy" junhui said but minghao shook his head.

"no no i'm actually pretty free. i was supposed to hang out with my friends but they ditched me" minghao rolled his eyes.

"that's some terrible friends" junhui chuckled.

"yeah, i'm gonna smack them on monday"

"well since you're free and your friends ditched you, wanna hang out? i just needed to sing and then i'm free." junhui asked.

minghao was slightly flustered before nodding.

"yeah sure, since i am free" minghao chuckled.

junhui smiled. "great, let's go to a dog cafe"

"count me in"

got this idea by one of my teacher who used to work at a cafe as a cafe singer :D