31

Requested by ultnamjon

junhui was a pianist, a really good one. he was known in his school to be an excellent pianist.

people gave him a nickname 'the next Beethoven' but he never liked it as he knew he wasn't close to Beethoven and he wasn't that good in playing the piano.

it was his hobby. he would always perform whenever the school held something.

junhui wouldn't call himself popular. he was just a normal high school student. junhui was walking down the hallway to his locker when someone called his name.

"jun hyung!" junhui turned to see who was calling him.

he saw a boy who had bright yellow hair. junhui chuckled a bit, he remembered how he made fun of it by saying he looked like the sun from the teletubbies.

"hey hao" junhui smiled.

"jun hyung! you know how you're really really really great at playing the piano?" minghao said.

junhui blushed at the compliment. he wasn't good at taking compliments but he nodded not knowing what else to say.

"can you please teach me how to play the piano?" minghao asked with hope in his eyes.

junhui obviously couldn't say no to him so he nodded. why would he ever say no to minghao? minghao smiled widely.

"thanks jun hyung! when can we start?" minghao asked.

"uh tomorrow lunch break?" junhui said and minghao nodded.

"alright bye jun hyung, classes are about to start, don't be late!" minghao said before running off again.

junhui nodded before getting his things out from his locker and went to his class.

"what can i even teach him?" junhui mumbled to himself.

"i guess the basics first" junhui said to himself.

"what junhui?" his friend and seatmate, jihoon asked.

"oh nothing jihoon!" junhui said and jihoon nodded, going back to his book filled with lyrics.

。☆✼★━━━━━━━━━━━━★✼☆。

the next day once it was lunch break, junhui walked to the music room and opened the door.

he saw minghao sitting on the floor leaning against the wall. minghao looked up and smiled.

"hey jun hyung!" minghao greeted as he got up.

minghao was the only one who called him jun and not junhui. he asked why once and minghao told him that it was his nickname from him.

junhui smiled and sat down on the piano bench.

"i'll show you some basic notes first alright?" junhui said and minghao nodded.

junhui started to play the keys slowly so minghao would understand. once he was done he looked up at minghao.

"just like that, okay?" junhui said and minghao nodded.

junhui got up and let minghao sit down. minghao slowly played the order junhui did.

junhui nodded. "that was good but try to lift your palm up a bit that way it will be easier for you to change keys."

minghao nodded and did what junhui told him.

"good job minghao now let's play a simple song. i'll teach you what keys are what and how to read sheet music in the next class." junhui said before showing minghao one short simple song.

which was twinkle little stars. junhui continued to teach minghao until lunch break was over.

"i'll teach you more next time" junhui said and minghao nodded.

"thanks jun hyung!" minghao smiled.

junhui smiled back and nodded. "i guess i'll see you around?"

minghao nodded and waved goodbye to junhui. the next day came and junhui and minghao were back in the music room. junhui was teaching minghao how to read sheet music and knowing which notes are what.

"we can learn a song tomorrow" junhui said and minghao smiled widely.

。☆✼★━━━━━━━━━━━━★✼☆。

everyday junhui would teach minghao more. it was a routine for him already. sometimes they would stay back in school to practice more. junhui loved every moment of it. seeing minghao trying his best and getting happy when being praise by him made his heart feel happy.

he liked the feeling of his hands on minghao's whenever he was teaching minghao a song. junhui was walking to the music room and opened the door. he noticed minghao slouching and he knew minghao wasn't feeling happy.

he walked over to minghao. he noticed minghao was pouting.

"hey what's wrong?" junhui asked, snapping minghao out of his thoughts.

"huh? oh nothing..don't worry" minghao said giving junhui a small smile.

junhui wasn't convinced but nodded.

"try playing the song we learned yesterday hao."

"okay." minghao said without excitement which was unusual to junhui.

minghao was always excited about playing a song they learned. minghao stared at the keys before playing the song they learned yesterday.

the beat was a bit faster than how it should be but junhui didn't mind that. it was just a small mistake he could help minghao with. minghao then pressed the wrong key, twice.

minghao stopped playing and frowned. he shouted in frustration and slammed the keys before getting off the piano bench.

"minghao? are you okay?" junhui asked worriedly.

minghao shook his head, his face in his palms.

"i'm so bad at playing the piano, jun hyung. i keep getting everything wrong, the beat, keys. everything is just terrible! i feel bad for making you try to teach me when i'm absolutely terrible at this." minghao said.

junhui knew how minghao felt. he understood what minghao was going through. junhui wrapped his arms around minghao and pulled him into a hug.

"you know, i've gone through the same thing as you minghao. when i first started playing the piano i kept messing up the beats and keys, i felt like i should stop playing the piano as everything discouraged me but i decided to try it once more and now i'm playing the piano pretty well,"

"i'm sure you can as well. i will help you, those were small mistakes we can fix. minghao no matter what don't give up, even if you want to." junhui said.

"you're right jun hyung, i shouldn't just give up and be discouraged by this. thank you jun hyung." minghao said with a smile.

junhui smiled back and nodded. "so now let's fix those simple mistakes and practice again alright?" junhui said.

minghao nodded, eagerly this time. junhui was glad that he cheered minghao up and put a smile on his face. little did junhui know, it was cause of him that minghao wanted to learn piano. junhui was minghao's inspiration.

i hoped you liked it! so sorry it was late!!