23

Requested by Xk00kieasX

"Mr Wen, it's time to wake up for your usual check up." Junhui heard a nurse waking him up. He slowly opened one of his eyes before getting up.

"Good morning Mr Wen, how are you feeling?" the doctor asked as he did his normal check up on Junhui.

"Great but I can't move still." Junhui said staring at his legs. He had gotten into a bad accident, the injuries didn't cause him death but he couldn't walk.

"You are getting better pretty quick. Once you are, you will have a rehabilitation to recover." the doctor said as he wrote down the things on Junhui's health chart.

Junhui nodded. "Thank you doctor, when will I start?" Junhui asked.

"Next week if that's alright with you."

"Anything is fine, thank you very much." Junhui said before the doctor and nurse left his room.

Junhui sighed staring at his legs. He looked away from his legs to the window. Hopefully, he could walk again soon.

Soon next week came and Junhui was called to the rehabilitation room.

"Mr Wen is it alright if we let a nurse in training to help you with your rehabilitation?" a doctor asked as he carefully helped Junhui to the room.

"If they don't hurt me or anything then I'm fine with it." Junhui said with a smile.

The doctor nodded and let Junhui sit for now. "The nurse will come soon, please wait for awhile."

Junhui nodded before fiddling with his fingers. He heard a knock on the door before a nurse walked in.

"Hello Mr Wen, I will be helping you." the nurse said bowing.

"My name is Xu Minghao, nice to meet you." the nurse, Minghao said.

The doctor then left after that. Minghao turned to Junhui and smiled. Junhui blushed a bit.

"Let's get started then." Minghao said helping Junhui.

"You have to be active so, whenever you can try to move your feet or your toes. It would be better if you take it slow as well so you won't hurt yourself." Minghao adviced.

Junhui nodded listening to Minghao very carefully. The rehabilitation continued for a few hours before Junhui was able to go for the day. He thanked Minghao before using his wheelchair to go back to his room.

"I'll help you." Minghao said, pushing Junhui to his room.

"It's fine don't worry."

"It's my duty as a nurse to help you." Minghao said before giving him a smile.

Junhui nodded before blushing. 'Why am I feeling like this?' Junhui thought to himself as Minghao continued to push him back to his room.

"Have a good night Mr Wen." Minghao bowed before closing his room door.

"Thanks you too.." Junhui said before sighing.

Junhui wondered if this would really work. He was worried it might take too long or he could just never walk again. Junhui shook the thought out before climbing onto his bed, getting some rest.

The next day, Junhui went back to the same room and Minghao was waiting for him.

"Good afternoon Mr Wen, ready for today's activities?" Minghao asked.

"You can just call me Junhui it's fine and yeah." Junhui said.

Minghao nodded. "Then let's get started Junhui."

The whole day went by as usual. Junhui did try to talk more to Minghao so, he would feel a bit more comfortable around him.

Junhui wondered how long will this take. He hoped it wouldn't be long. The session continued for days which turned into weeks. Junhui still tried to talk to Minghao so everything would be less awkward but it wasn't really working.

"Hello Junhui" Minghao greeted as he came in.

Junhui nodded not saying a word. He thought he should just stop talking to Minghao. It seems like he didn't want Junhui to talk to him. The day continued as usual, Junhui was getting better which made him glad.

"Are you okay?" Minghao suddenly asked.

"Huh?" Junhui was confused.

Why was he asking that? He was perfectly fine.

"Well you usually talk to me everyday so it was weird to see you not starting a conversation." Minghao asked fiddling with his fingers.

'Oh' Junhui thought as he finally understood.

"Well you usually seem like you don't want me to talk to you-"

"That's not true!" Minghao blurted out.

"I just- I'm kinda shy.." Minghao mumbled.

"I do want to start the conversation first but I don't know what to say" Minghao blushed.

Junhui smiled at Minghao finding him adorable.

"Just talk about anything I don't mind." Junhui said and Minghao nodded.

"Uh what's your favourite animal?" Minghao asked awkwardly making Junhui giggle.

"I like all but mostly cats. You?"

"I really like dogs but I like all animals too." Minghao said.

"I can always bring you to my friend's dog cafe." Junhui smiled.

Minghao looked at Junhui with a huge bright smile. "Really?"

Junhui giggled and nodded. Minghao happily cheered while Junhui just laughed and admired Minghao. They continued to talk for a bit more before Junhui had to go back.

"See it wasn't so hard to start a conversation with me." Junhui said.

Minghao blushed and nodded. "Yeah"

"It's time for me go back now isn't it?" Junhui asked and Minghao nodded.

"I'll see you tomorrow?" Minghao said and Junhui gave him a charming smile before nodding.

Minghao blushed, he had a smile on his lips before Junhui had to go.

"Bye Junhui" Minghao shyly said this time making Junhui's heart pick up speed.

Junhui's cheeks were a bit red before nodding. Junhui then left and he let out a sigh.

Minghao was being absolutely adorable and Junhui knew he was gonna be a mess cause of it.

im so sorry for not updating, i have writer's block and school has just been uGH

also i hope you liked it! im sorry if it wasnt good, i dont think these few oneshots will be good cause im just like a mess fr rn ;;