37

junhui was 6 years old when he learned what does soulmates mean.

"mum! what are soulmates? my friends in school were talking about how they wanted to meet their soulmates." junhui asked as he ran into his mother's arms.

"well you see honey, soulmates are something that completes you. your other half. they complete you and you complete them."

"how can i find my soulmate?" junhui asked.

"well you'll feel a spark in you or like an electric shock when you touch them. it's a big shock so it will hurt you but it will only last for awhile."

"i don't want a boo boo from it" junhui pouted.

his mother chuckled and patted his head. "it doesn't hurt as much as you think trust me"

"so do i have to touch all my friends hands to see if they're my soulmate?"

"no it will come when it's time. maybe your friend is one of your soulmate but it isn't the right time to know so you won't get a shock just yet" his mother said and junhui nodded.

"this is making it harder to find my soulmate" junhui whined while his mother just laughed.

"come on honey, it's time to take a shower"

"alright mum!"

and that was how junhui was waiting for the moment he can get his soulmate.

junhui did get crushes but it would be for a few weeks before it was gone and his full focus was his soulmate.

he wondered how they look. did they have melanin skin or fair skin. did they have a sharp nose or a cute button nose. blue eyes or brown or green. he had so many questions for them as well.

what was their favourite colour, food, things. favourite date spot. hugs or kisses more.

junhui didn't lose hope on finding them. his mother told him to never lose hope and that he will find them soon.

junhui was 17 when he met his soulmate. without knowing. it was a rainy day.

dark clouds in the sky. it was gloomy but junhui loved the rain. he loved how calming it sounds when it hits the floor or window.

he loved the sounds of rain. he was walking to his locker when a boy bumped into him making his books all fall.

"oh i'm so sorry!" the boy said quickly picking all his books up.

junhui noticed that the boy forgot one more of his book and picked it up for him.

"hey you forgot one more" junhui said and the boy noticed.

he bowed and grabbed the book from junhui's hand. their hands both brushed against each other's and junhui felt a small spark.

"thank you!" the boy said, rushing off before junhui could say anything.

junhui stared at his hand. he felt a small shock in his hand. junhui wondered if he was his soulmate but shook it off when he remembered he had a small shock as well with his friends.

he continued with his day as if nothing had happened but the thought was stuck at the back of his head.

the next time junhui saw the same boy was when they were eating at the canteen. one of his friend, chan had called him over.

"minghao! would you like to eat with us?" chan asked him.

junhui took a good look at the boy named minghao. he had brown hair, a mullet that he surprisingly pulled it off pretty well, he had a few piercings on his elf like ears, he was extremely skinny which made junhui concerned, he had double eyelids but it was hard to see, button nose and a cute smile.

junhui would say he was a beauty. minghao thought for awhile and nodded. he took his food and came over to their table.

he sat beside chan and mingyu.

"so guys, this is minghao!" chan introduced.

everyone at the table happily greeted and introduced themselves to minghao. minghao smiled and turned to junhui.

"oh you were the one i bumped into few days back" minghao mentioned.

junhui nodded. "yeah, my name is junhui."

"hey junhui" minghao smiled making junhui feel bubbly.

"minghao is from china just like junhui!" chan added.

"really? which part?" junhui asked.

"yeah, liaoning. you?" minghao replied in chinese.

"shenzhen" junhui replied back with ease as he used his native tongue.

it felt so nice to be speaking in his native tongue again. they continued to talk to each other in chinese. soon the bell rang and they all had to go back to their classes.

"i'll see you later?" junhui said a little unsure as he held out his hand for a high five.

he usually like to give his friends or anyone high fives.

minghao smiled and nodded. "yeah i'll see you later" minghao said, lifting up his hand and giving junhui a high five which cause a electric shock through their veins.

they both winced at the pain before the pain disappeared. they both looked at each other surprised.

"you're my soulmate" they both said at the same time.

they laughed together as they realised they were in sync.

"wanna get to know each other more after classes?" minghao asked.

junhui nodded, smiling widely. he was so happy he found his soulmate and that it was minghao.

minghao smiled before waving goodbye to junhui.

"bye junhui!"

"bye minghao!" junhui said before minghao went to his class.

junhui was smiling widely. his mother was right, he did find his soulmate after all. he couldn't be more glad that it was minghao.

im gonna update another oneshot watch me ;)