1| America's Spazzheart.

••••        ••••        •••••

In the midst of the cold fall morning, and the scattering of scarlet and golden leaves that moved with the wind, two small figures could be seen pedaling down the streets of Hawkins, Indiana. The harsh wind took desperate shots at the tired girl's raw cheeks, making them pulse as they brighten to a vibrant red hue.

"Why do you have to be such a loser?"

The blonde teen slowed her pedal work as she looked over her shoulder, and glared at the owner of the rude statement, before waiting for the 13 year old to catch up. Lucas Tyrell caught up with his older sister, and the two siblings continued to ride next to each-other.

"I'm not a loser." Sully huffed out, "In fact, I like to think that I'm pretty cool."

"You're a junior in high school, and you still don't have your license. I wouldn't say that's cool." Lucas sassed his older sister.

Sending the curly haired boy a nasty look, Sully glanced at her younger brother with a hint of irritation as everyone knew that the girl's lack of a driver license, was a touchy subject.

Sully Tyrell thought she was an amazing driver.

She felt confident going into the DMV to take her leaner's test, having to stay up for hours the previous night studying on her road signs and the rules of yielding, it was no surprise that she passed with flying colors. However, Sully did not prepare for the driving portion of the test, nor did she even think that she would have to partake in it. Her father taught her to drive on his days off from work seeing as she was the eldest child, and for someone to get their license was a right of passage. When Sully thinks about the lessons she shared with her father, the blonde wondered if the lovable man set her up for failure, that way, she could still rely on him for something and not have complete, parental-free, freedom.

While her father had been gentle with her, and soothing with every lesson, waving off her mistake with a smile, her driving instructor yelled, shouted and boomed, and that was only from the little mistakes she made, such as forgetting to use her blinkers when turning or pressing the brakes a second too late when seeing a stop sign. As the test continued, the pressure she felt to pass increased, and that had been her downfall. Not being able to handle the pressure, Sully ended up running a red light, took up two lanes, and almost ran over a dog before moving out the way, hitting a parked car.

Now, not only was she scared to drive again, but the whole school knew about her incident because of Steve Harrington and his big mouth, birthing her uncreative nickname, 'America's Spazzheart'.

"Shut up." She muttered with a hint of embarrassment.

"I still can't believe mom is making me do this. You, I understand, but me? It's not fair if you ask me?" Lucas blew the air out of his cheeks in hopes of keeping himself warm.