26| Little Talks. Pt1

-Don't listen to a word I say

•••• •••• ••••

Ever since she was a little girl. Sully Tyrell always had a fear of the dark. When she was younger, she would always have her mother come in her room, and stay with her until she fell asleep. However, as the years went on, Sully's fear didn't vanquish, and because of that, she's the main reason why the family's electric bill was go high.

She always thought that it wasn't the darkness she was afraid of, but the fact of being alone in the dark. Whenever she was with someone else, she didn't seem to mind. She was at ease, and less fidgety. But now, she could barely keep her breathing under control as she walked down the tracks with five other people. Her eyes darted between every tree that surrounded them, and over analyzed every shadow she saw.

Tonight had been the most terrifying night of her life, and she knew that this was going to forever change her.

All because she agreed to help Steve pick flowers for Nancy.

She didn't regret it though. Sure, Sully wished that she didn't have to bear witness to the traumatizing events that took place at the junkyard tonight, but that didn't mean it wasn't worth it. Who knew what would have happened to Lucas if she hadn't been there to shock Dart into letting her brother go.

"Are you sure it was Dart?" Sully heard Lucas ask ahead, breaking her thoughts.

She realized that she was a couple paces behind the others, and lightly jogged towards the group, finding a place next to Steve.

"Yeah. He had the same exact yellow patterns on his butt." Dustin responded.

Max shook her head at the thought of that creature that tried to eat the Tyrell's was Dart. "But he was tiny two days ago."

"Well, he's molted three times already." Dustin turned to look at the red-head as he explained Dart's exponential growth spurt.

"Malted?" Steve raised an eyebrow at the foreign word.

"Molted." Dustin corrected the upperclassman, before defining the term when he saw that Steve wasn't understanding it. "Shed his skin to make more room for growth. Like hornworms."

Sully rubbed her forehead at the new information that Dustin gave out. She then moved her fingers to her eyes and rubbed them. The goggles she had been wearing all day were now perched on top of her head, and her legs were becoming irritable and itchy due to her scratches, from the night before, healing.

Soon, the sound of the children arguing met her ears, and Sully couldn't find the strength to see what the problem was, and take care of it. Today was a long day, and she had a feeling that it wasn't over it. Not by a long shot.

As the middle schoolers continued to argue behind her, Steve walked up towards the quiet blonde and wince at the sight of her.

Her top lip was slightly swollen due to cut it had, and the side of her temple was starting to bruise a dark purple. Her pink fleece pajama set she had on since yesterday was practically ruined as it was covered in dirt and blood from the cut she received from Dart.