38| Class of 1962.

-That was just the beginning

•••• •••• ••••

The sun beat down on the small town of Hawkins, like it was wilting plant in need of light. The air that surrounded the townspeople was thick, and humid. Many expected for a breeze every now and then, in hopes of being cooled down just for a second but it never came. Normally, it would have been a bother, but today, it was not even a thought to the seniors of Hawkins High. 

The perky blonde skipped down the hallway, with a bright smile on her face. Her pale pink skirt brushed an inch above her ankles making her giggle at the thought of the length being scandalous, but she didn't care. High school was ending, and she was going to live her life to the fullest.

She hurried towards her locker. Her hand was practically lifted over her head, tightly gripping on the hanger, that way, her gown wouldn't wrinkle. As she made her way to her locker to grab her yearbook, she was unaware of the adoring bright eyes watching her every movement. She was unaware that the boy who always gave her his notes during class, was deeply in love with her.

But none of that mattered.

High school is officially over for them in a couple hours, which meant that this is the last time Lance Tyrell will ever see Roselyn Sullivan. 

And for the first time ever, he felt his heart break, just at the thought.

"Posie!" A strong shout came from the end of the hall. It quickly made the school sweetheart's 'stalker' look away from the beautiful sight only she seemed to bring him. But he couldn't look away for long. Lance soon found himself staring at the pageant queen once more.

"Hop!" Rose ran towards her tall friend and gave him a hug, "Oh, Hop!" She tightly clung onto the male, and didn't even seem bothered by the smell of the cheap cigarettes that he always manages to sneak in before class.  

Her brown eyes then fell onto the petite brunette by his side wearing all black. "Oh, Joy!" She ripped away from Jim and threw herself onto Joyce, who quickly returned the gesture. "Can you believe that it's all ending! Graduation is here! And I don't know if I should feel happy about that, or not."

"You should feel happy." Joyce rushed to shush her friend, "You're gonna go to college and leave this town! You too, Hop!" The brunette lightly punched the male, who held a tight expression. One that mirrored Rose's.

Neither of them liked the idea that they were both moving on from Hawkins, and getting ready to ditch the town, while Joyce was staying behind.

The cheerleader tried on many occasions to get her edgy friend to take some college-course classes with her, that way they can both leave town. Rose did succeed with getting her to take the classes, but when it came to getting Joyce serious about her studies, the blonde wasn't so successful.