14| Small Talks.

-Free food, is the best kind of food

••••        ••••        ••••

If there's one thing about living in a small town, is how quiet it could get.

Most residents work around the same schedule, and by the time the sky transforms into a darker hue, young children and loners are already home, teenagers are making their way home; some of which are in high hopes of beating their parents to the finish line. Nonetheless, once night fall hits, and the work day is over, the town of Hawkins falls quiet.

Sully continued to stare out her widow, into the darkening sky, when her seat was harshly nudged. She took a deep breath, soothing herself as she refused to show any hint of annoyance towards younger brother, who repeatedly kicked the back of her chair. It wasn't until Lucas gave a little more power into his last kick, causing Sully's body to hurtle towards the dashboard and have her seatbelt tighten around her neck, and cutting off her airway, that made her snap. She gave out a loud, raspy croak, grasping at her neck as she swiftly turned her body towards the back of the car, and glare at a sheepish Lucas. 

"Oops?" He chuckled softly, sending his older sister a large, 'sorrowful', grin.

"You're a little shit, I hope you know." She hissed towards the unfazed boy before unbuckling her seatbelt and opening the door.

When exiting the car, Sully gave out a small yelp of surprise when a gust of wind rushed past her the second she stepped outside. She then gave out a large shout when she felt a hand on her shoulder. The small teen turned around, trying to come up with ways to fight for her life when her eyes landed on a shivering Lucas, who was not all prepared for the sudden temperature change between the heated car and the cold night.

"What the hell! You don't grab a girl like that when she's out in the dark." She chastised her brother, which made him cross his arms in defiance.

Lucas narrowed his eyes at Sully, before mirror her tone, "You don't leave your younger brother in a car at night."

"Oh, come on." She scoffed, "What's the worst that can happen. There is a security guard right over there." She pointed towards Bert, the onsite security guard the manager of Bradley's Big Buy hired last year after a freak incident which involved a homeless child and some boxes of eggos.

"Still." He whined, "It's principle."

"Well, you were bothering me and I'm hungry. Not a good combo." Sully told the young brunette, before nodding her head towards the supermarket, "Plus they serve samples, and I'm starving. And you know that I say-"

"Free food, is the best kind of food." He numbly recited the set of words that his sister preaches all the time.

"Damn right it is." She encouraged before heading towards the lit supermarket with Lucas in tow.