25| The Kids. Pt2

-We're filled with so much hatred, the kid's don't stand a chance

••••        ••••        ••••

Sully walked on the metal railing on the abandoned train-track, perfectly keeping her balance as she had both arms extended out. Seeing as Steve only ordered three buckets of meat, it left Sully jobless, not that she was complaining. For the past thirty minutes, she had been listening to Dustin's explanation on why he kept Dart while managing to fall of the railing 17 times, which was not a bad record for her.

Steve ran his eyes over the small blonde as she lost her balance for the 18th time, before he slowed his steps down so he wasn't too ahead of Dustin and Lucas, and turned to look at curly-haired teen with curiosity, "All right, so let me get this straight. You kept something you probably knew was dangerous, just to impress a girl... who you just met?" He repeated to make sure he got every detail.

"All right. That's grossly oversimplifying things." Dustin offendedly scoffed at Steve's summary.

"I mean." Steve paused, not sure on how to put it down easy on the young male, "Why would a girl like some nasty slug anyway?"

"Because it's an interdenominational slug, and it's awesome." He rolled his eyes as if it was the most obvious thing in the world, and he was not wrong in Sully's eyes.

The blonde hopped off the rail, and walked towards the group of boys, "He's right. That's pretty cool. You can get any girl diamonds, but a slug from another dimension, that's cool."

"Don't encourage him, Sully." Steve chastised the small teen before turning to lecture the 13-year old. "And you. Even if she thought it was cool-"

"Which she didn't." Lucas interrupted, causing Steve to narrow his eyes at the brunette.

"I- I don't know man." He moved his attention back onto Dustin, "I just feel like you're trying to hard."

"Yeah? Well not everyone can have your perfect hair, all right?" Dustin angrily huffed, before scooping up a handful of meat, and carelessly throwing them on the tracks.

Lucas rolled his eyes at Dustin's words, "It's not about the hair, Henderson." He added, shaking his head.

"Little dude is right." Steve pointed at Lucas, "The key with girls is just- just acting like you don't care." He concluded, reaching into his bucket.

This made Sully focus her eyes on Steve, her lips were formed into a frown as she couldn't tell if he was joking or not.

Dustin then glanced at Steve with a pained expression, "Even if you do?"

"That's horrible. Dustin don't listen to him. You too, Lucas." She tried to include her younger brother, but she was afraid she was late by two years.

"Yeah, exactly! It drives them nuts." Steve continued on giving Dustin, and Lucas, his take on getting a girl.

"What?" Sully laughed after hearing Steve say that. She glanced at the upperclassman and saw the serious expression he had on, wiping the smile off her face. "No. Girl's don't like that." She shook her head in such a manner, Dustin was surprised her head didn't pop off.