13| Don't Stop Believin'.

-Just a small town girl, living in a lonely world

••••        ••••        ••••

Benny's Burgers was the coolest place to eat, whether you were there with your family for old dinner rituals like 'T-bone Thursdays', to first dates, or just an awesome place to hang with some friends late at night if you aren't feeling the party scene and don't want to go home just yet. The small diner was a home to all who wanted a fun time, or just a chill safe space, and it as also home to the best burgers Sully had ever tasted.

When stepping inside the deserted diner, Sully brought the hood of her red jacket closer to her neck to conceal the cold air that prickled at her exposed skin. The warm atmosphere she grew up loving, burned out when the restaurant's owner, Benny, was found dead at the table near the jukebox. Many were surprised that the loud, teddy-bear of a man, who was a little rough around the edges, would do such a sin of taking his own life, let alone do it in a place many, as well as himself, held dear to their hearts. As the pool of blood that surrounded the man dried up, it took a while for it to be polished off the ground, but even when it was not visible, it still tainted the floor, as well as the walls and the reputation of Benny's Burgers.

Soon, the diner everyone once loved, was now a dead zone that many tend to avoid. It was a miracle that it was still in business, but that was only because many older folks knew what this diner meant to the town itself, and some of Benny's friends did not want their late buddy's place to shut down.

Sully's parents hated that she still had a love for the diner, and Meghan could not understand why she would still eat at the place where someone decided that dying was a far better plan than living. The quirky blonde could not understand it at first either, but at the same time, she knew why.

She hated change, something she has been witnessing for the past year as her small town became less safe at night, and to Sully letting this diner go might be the biggest thing to ever happen to her.

As she walked to her usual booth, she sent a wave to the elderly couple that were always seated a table down from her. "Hey Janet. Hey Eddie." Sully greeted, smiling brightly as the couple responded back and asked her how her day was. All giddy, she told them the shorten version on how her day was before taking her seat.

"Hey Sully! What can I get for you today?" She turned to see Melissa, an extremely friendly waiter who was about her mother's age.

"I'll take my usual drink and a basket of fries. Also, can I get some ice? A bag of it, if you mind." She smiled at the red-head, who sent the girl a confused smile.

"Sure?"

Sending the older women an appreciative smile, the teen sighed, "You're a blessing, Melissa."